1.04.2017

Thin For You Thursday - A Little Weight Loss Hack

Hello Lovelies!



It's been a while since I shared a Thin For You Thursday post.

I'm pretty excited about this one because it's a fun little weight loss hack that I learned from my adorable younger sister, Holly!

Here's a before and after  photo of Holly and me.  The first was taken two summers ago, almost a year before we started to lose weight.  When we actually started our weight loss journey we were both a bit heavier than we were in that  photo, but it gives at least a little perspective on where we've come in our journey.  The second photo was taken just before Christmas when she was here visiting with her family.  We've both lost over 20 pounds since starting our respective weight loss journeys.



We've helped each other along on our paths with text messages and positive vibes!  And so I wasn't surprised when Holly gave me a weight loss related gift for Christmas - measuring bowls!  And  not just any old measuring bowls - CUTE ONES!  (These particular bowls are from the Pioneer Woman's collection for Walmart - and no this is not an ad. lol!)


Her reasoning was simple.  The bowls are a great way to insure portion control.  For example, did you know that 1/2 cup is the standard portion size for ice cream?  So, if you're only going to have 1/2 cup of ice cream...why not do it in an adorable 1/2 cup sized bowl?  Then you're not only eating the right amount, but you're making it feel like a true indulgence by eating it out of something pretty.



Makes perfect sense to me!  So that's exactly what I've been doing.  And you know what?  It works!  Having a bowl that's the perfect size for a half cup serving makes it feel like more of a treat...and a pretty bowl just makes it that much better.

Do you have any weight loss hacks that work for you?  I'd love to hear!

xoxo
Wendy



         

0 comments: