12.02.2016

Christmas House Tour


This post sponsored by Wayfair.

It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas...

Hello Lovelies!

Welcome to the Shabby Nest!  I'm glad you're here.  And I'm so excited to be taking part in this year's Holiday Housewalk hosted by Jennifer Rizzo,

It is always a privilege to be invited to take part in this tour with so many other insanely talented bloggers. 


The tour started on Monday and if you've missed any of the beautiful houses so far, you can start the full tour on Jen's blog.

If you've been following along, I hope you enjoyed the previous stop at the beautiful home of The Golden Boys and Me.





And now I'm excited to present Christmas at Hydeaway Cottage 2016...



I was able to receive my beautiful flocked tree and french market basket (holding the firewood) from Wayfair as a part of their sponsorship of this Housewalk, and I couldn't be happier with them,  I just love the flocked tree sitting in the adorable planter box (which I bought at a warehouse/yard sale from the builder I work for).  The rustic with the refined really makes my Christmas decor this year special.






I needed to be really frugal this year, so I tried to simply re-use the majority of my Christmas decor from previous years in new ways to create an entirely different feel, and I am happy to say that I feel like I accomplished that. 

My dining room is simple and refined...with a gorgeous beaded snowflake runner and simple faux wreaths hanging from pretty neutral ribbon.


A few pretty Christmas dishes and a jadeite cake stand create a festive vignette.



This little vignette was so simple to make...I simply drew on a paper mache house from the craft store with a chalk pen to create a "gingerbread" house that can be used year after year.  An electric tea light gives the whole thing a pretty little glow.







The reading area on our stair landing got a little bit of color with this vintage St. Nick.





A Christmas vignette in my daughter's room. She made the cute "snow globe".





Now make sure to head over and visit the next stop at  The Rusty Hinge.



Thank you to Wayfair for sponsoring this post.  As always, opinions expressed about any product or service are 100% mine. 

         

9 comments:

Michael Wurm Jr. said...

Those fur stockings on your fireplace are my FAVORITE!! What a beautiful home.

xo Michael

Jennifer @ Town and Country Living said...

Love the crate that cradles your Christmas tree!

Jennifer Rizzo said...

Wendy, thank you so much for being a part of the tour! I love your home and all of your beautiful holiday touches!! I love that tree!!

Lisa Mothersead said...

So very pretty!! I especially like the flocked tree with pinecones and your Christmas stocking area.

Lisa Mothersead said...

So very pretty!! I especially like the flocked tree with pinecones and your Christmas stocking area.

Lisa Mothersead said...

So very pretty!! I especially like the flocked tree with pinecones and your Christmas stocking area.

Eclectically Vintage said...

Stunning - I love your paper mache gingerbread houses!

Rachel with Shades of Blue said...

What a lovely home! Love your box tree stand and your stockings! So beautiful!

Laura @ duke manor farm said...

Wendy, thanks for sharing your holiday home. Happy holidays to you and your family.