12.27.2016

An Electric Fireplace for My Master Bedroom

This post is sponsored by Hayneedle.

I love fireplaces.  And I can't tell you how long I've wanted to have a fireplace in my master bedroom.  But alas! adding a gas burning fireplace is a costly project.  Needless to say, it wasn't something that I could spend my money on.

As I was judging the Parade of Homes this past summer, however, I got a brilliant idea.
One of the homes that I saw had incorporated an electric fireplace in the master.  
An electric fireplace!  Why hadn't the thought occurred to me before?

I found a great little electric fireplace on Hayneedle and knew that it would be the perfect addition to my master.




I used to have dressers and a television on this particular wall...and it was not pretty.
Now I have a small seating area with the little fireplace as the centerpiece.
This is still a work in progress, however, as I plan to add a gallery wall around the fireplace.  But I know that will take a while since I want to collect just the right pieces, and I was anxious to share the fireplace with you, so I'm posting a partially done project.  Gasp!  Also, that thing is reflective and I couldn't get a great picture without the windows glaring! :(



 I'll keep you up to date with the progress of the gallery wall as it comes together.   But for now, I'm content to snuggle up in my bed, and enjoy my fireplace.  (And yes, it's a space heater so it warms my room up both in ambiance and in temperature.)

xoxo
Wendy

I was provided with complimentary product from Hayneedle in exchange for this post.  As always, the opinions expressed are 100% mine.


         

1 comments:

Patricia said...

Hi! Love the heater but I would like to offer a suggestion: you may want to place it a bit lower since hot air rises and as it is, it may leave the bottom of your room and your footsies cold.