11.03.2016

On My Coffee Table: Books You Might Want to Check Out

I received complimentary copies of these books in order to facilitate my post.  As always, opinions expressed are 100% mine.


Hello Lovelies! 

It's November!  Can you believe it?  I just love this time of year.  With the cooler weather outside, I love to snuggle up in cozy sweaters and socks, wrap myself in a blanket, and curl up with a good book.

I absolutely adore reading...and I LOVE books.  Yes, I read digital books and I love those.  But, to me, nothing compares with a paper book.  The feel of a book in my hands.  The smell of the paper.  The satisfaction of turning pages.  There's nothing like it.

So I decided that it would be a great idea to start a feature where I share great books with you...I'm calling it "on my coffee table"  although truthfully, most of them sit on my nightstand. Ha!

Today I want to share with you a couple of fun books...neither one is really the type you curl up with...but both of them are a lot of fun.



First up,  The Sprinkles Baking Book by Candace Nelson.    Now, I have a confession to make.  I am not a baker.  In fact, I don't really like cooking in general. GASP! My daughter, on the other hand, loves it!  (I'm not sure where she got that from.  Lol!)  She literally squealed when she saw a copy of this book in our house.  She is a huge fan of Cupcake Wars...and I am a huge fan of pretty food photography, so this book is a win for both of us.

Read more After the Break...


photo via Amazon
The next book, Home Decor Cheat Sheets, is a great book if you're a decor lover like I am.  And I'll tell you, even though I am interior designer by profession, this book is still a great little resource.
It has all kinds of helpful information from night stand styles to tile patterns to dining room rug sizes.  It even has helpful hints for the DIYers out there including the best way to paint a door.


Let me know how you like these books if you get a chance to check them out.   For my next installment of "On My Coffee Table"  I'll be sharing a few of my current favorite novels.  (One can never read too much.)

xoxo
Wendy

         

0 comments: