7.10.2016

Master Bedroom Refresh~

This post is sponsored by Rug Studio.


Hello Lovelies!

Today I'm excited to share my Master Bedroom Refresh with you.




For me, any room redo usually starts with a single item.  In this case, a rug...this rug...


I was contacted by Rug Studio to see if I would be willing to review one of their rugs.  And since I had been wanting to add one to my Master Bedroom, I jumped at the chance.  It took me a while to find the perfect rug because their site is huge, and their selection is amazing.  But I finally settled on this beauty, the Safavieh Heritage Rug in Beige and Grey with its subtle blues and soft greys.

So that jump started the room refresh.  Here's a little reminder of what my room looked like last Christmas (since that is the most recent photo I have of the space.)  It makes me giggle, because I cropped the photo in super close since the rest of my room was basically un-decorated.


You can see, however, that the bed is in front of a wall...the wall opposite the windows.  I had been toying with the idea of moving the bed in front of the windows for a long time.  The windows are located opposite the room entrance, and I really prefer to walk into a bedroom and have the bed be the focal point.  But I was afraid that putting the bed in front of the windows wouldn't look quite right, and that it would darken the space. 

The new rug gave me fresh perspective and the courage to try something different.  So I moved the bed in front of the windows.

I LOVE IT!!



It gives the room a much grander feeling which took me happily by surprise.  And the light is the same as before...which also took me happily by surprise.

I used a pair of curtains that I already had, and re-used my current bedding...although I did take the pillows off my living room couch to add the perfect pop of blue.  I'm in the market for some new bedding, but for now, these are working perfectly.



I am really happy with the changes I've made to the space...it's amazing what a little inspiration can do!



Thank you to Rug Studio for the beautiful rug I was given in exchange for this post.  The opinions expressed in the post are 100% mine.


         

0 comments: