So Where Do I Go From Here~

Hello Lovelies!

It's been a while.

I'm not sure how many people I even have left reading The Shabby Nest since I haven't been giving it the attention it deserves for quite a while.  But I sure hope there are some of you still out there because I'm looking for some input.

I have been thinking a lot about the blog.  And I'm not ready to throw in the towel on it.
 But, I'm also not sure what direction to take it.

I am an interior designer.  I LOVE DESIGN!  But it has been really hard for me to keep up on the type of amazing projects that all the wonderful design blogs out there are posting.  I get the projects done...but since I became a single mom...I churn them out a lot more slowly than I used to. Lol!

So I can't give up writing about design.

But I also love fashion.  I graduated with a degree in Fashion Merchandising (Just like Elle Woods! Any Legally Blonde fans out there?).  And my love for fashion has never diminished.  I have done fashion posts here and there along my blogging journey, but never really focused on them.

I considered starting a separate fashion blog...about fashion for families...but the idea of starting a blog from scratch seemed like more than I can handle right now. 

So here's my idea.  And here's where I want input.

I'm thinking of making The Shabby Nest more of a lifestyle blog.  I'm hoping to add fashion and beauty into the mix along with design.

What are you thoughts?  I'd sure like to hear. Pretty please with sugar on it. ;)




Mary said...

I think a lifestyle blog would be great. Your home is beautiful and I, for one, need all the help I can get in many areas of my life. Fashion for those of us not shopping at Forever 21 would be great. A big yes to the lifestyle direction. There is more to you than the gorgeous home, right?

Wendy Johnson said...

I read all kinds of blogs. I am not much on fashion, no sense of, but I like reading about it sometimes. I think my favorite bloggers are well rounded. I will continue to read you. I have to, we have the same name...

Melissa Priest said...

I never realized you were a single mom, hugs to you.

I think a lifestyle blog would be fabulous! I would tune in!


Joy@aVintageGreen said...

Lifestyle gives you so many options. Go for it. Looking forward to seeing how things work for you.

Mrs Mike said...

I think lifestyle blogs are great! You should never have to apologize for putting your family first. :) I look forward to seeing what direction your blog grows.

Chrisula said...

I think its a great idea I look forward to see what you have in store for us :)

Donna OShaughnessy said...

Funny, I was off my own blog for months (went back to school) then playing catch up the last two months. Tonight catching up with old blogs I love like yours, which has always been so beautiful in its photography, such a classy blog! So yes, a lifestyle blog would be wonderful. At age 57 I'm all about the lifestyle metamorphosis, we moved from a 3000 sq foot home into a grain bin!

Carry Grace said...

Hi Wendy, I am a long time reader and would enjoy you making the switch to a lifestyle blog. All of my favorite blogs are well rounded. I think you would do it well.

T Sorber said...

I've been intrigued by the idea of a capsule wardrobe, but wouldn't know where to begin. How do I use belts? scarves? different types of boots? jewelry? What are the fashion "rules" ? I know you could help me, and lots of other people as clueless as me, with things like this. I can bake killer cookies, but can't put an outfit together to save my life. I'd welcome advice from someone I know and trust.

Kim Kaasa said...

Do it!! Change can be good and we evolve in lots of ways constantly.
Lifestyle covers everything and if you are still enjoying, why stop?!

Delilah said...

I think that's a great idea! Who doesn't love fashion? Go for it! Do what works best for you!

John Willingham said...

Living room is gorgeous and so is the fire place. I loved your decor pieces. You have a great sense of home styling.

Shanna said...

You still have readers out there. We are a dual income family but my DIY decorating takes a back seat to ballet lessons, baseball, etc. so if you need to make it a lifestyle blog - please do so. Your loyal readers will still be here. My kitchen has been on the list to remodel for 6 years - every time I start to save money for it - something else comes along. It's life.

Sandi B said...

I recently stumbled upon your Blog. You have a great sense of style that will reflect in all that you write about. I love reading Lifestyle Blogs, so many great ideas rolled into one. I also have a Décor Blog and have been away from it for awhile. I rarely get comments but I know that I have the occasional viewers. For me, its a creative outlet to showcase some of my projects, a décor scrapbook of sorts. I am guilty of going to many blogs and not leaving comments. If you have good interesting content you will always have some loyal followers that keep coming back to you. Good luck with whatever you decide:) Sandi