5.11.2016

One Room Challenge - The Kitchen Reveal~

Hello Lovelies!

It's the final week of the One Room Challenge and I'm so excited to reveal my kitchen 
makeover today!

As you may recall, this is how my kitchen looked BEFORE...

BEFORE


Ever since I bought Hydeaway Cottage 2 years ago, I've wanted to paint the kitchen cabinets and  to add a back splash.  And I couldn't be happier with how it turned out...

So here is my NEWLY REDONE KITCHEN

AFTER


I kept the same granite.  Replacing it was definitely not in the budget, and since it has a lot of gray in it, I knew it work beautifully.

I feel like the best decision I made was to extend the back splash all the way to the ceiling on 
the sink wall.




I also really love the pop of color that is offered by the new rug.







Details:

  • The paint on the cabinets is a paint match to the white that was already painted on the island
  • The backplash is Calacatta marble
  • The rug is the Catriona Rug from Joss and Main
  • The granite is Verde Tunas
  • The bar stools are from Walmart (yes, really)

         

6 comments:

Vel Criste said...

Love the change! The backsplash is perfect with your new white cabinets! Cheers! We did it, another ORC done!

Melissa said...

Beautiful!

Amanda said...

The cabinets and backsplash make this kitchen amazing. Well done!

Richella Parham said...

Wendy, you did a great job! Your kitchen just shines now--it's like it was always meant to be this way. Great, great job!!

Michelle Dellene said...

So glad I found you as I am about to redo my own kitchen with new paint and beadboard. Your tile is so lovely though!

Iris Watts said...

Gorgeous makeover! We've been in the middle of a kitchen makeover for months now, and I really hope it turns out half as beautiful as this! Enjoy!!