4.13.2016

One Room Challenge: Week 2~

Welcome to week 2 of the One Room Challenge.




This week I wanted to share a couple of the details of the plan for my kitchen.  In the before picture, you can see that my island is already painted white.




I found a good paint match to the white of the island in Sherwin Williams Alabaster (which just so happens to be one of Sherwin Williams colors of the year.)  The cabinets in the photo from Houzz below are painted Alabaster.


New Haven Model - 2015 Spring Parade of Homes



I would have really loved to switch out my granite counter tops for something lighter, but that is not in my budget.  So I decided to bring in the lighter tone by adding a back splash.  I fell in love with some Calacutta Marble 2x4 subway tiles....and got them for an amazing deal.

photo via google shopping - builder depot


I am so excited to get going on this update.  I can't wait to share more as things start to take shape.

xoxo
Wendy

         

2 comments:

Laura Ingalls Gunn said...

Wendy I adore the direction that your room is headed towards! You did SO much better than I did in my room this week.

I would love for you to share this post at Thoughts of Home on Thursday. I think our readers would really enjoy it!

Good luck in the upcoming week!

Laura said...

Great look
have a fun week
Laura