4.06.2016

One Room Challenge: My Kitchen~

I am excited to be participating in the One Room Challenge link-up.




Over the next six weeks, I'm going to tackle a room which I have wanted to work on since I bought Hydeaway Cottage almost 2 years ago...My Kitchen!



Here's the way my kitchen looks right now.  I added the pendant lighting right after I moved in, but that's as far as the transformation went.

I tossed around the idea of painting the cabinets gray.  I even talked about it in this post.

But after much debate, I decided that gray cabinets wouldn't lighten up the kitchen the way I need them to.  My kitchen only has one small window, and the dark wood cabinets suck the light right out of the space.  I was afraid that gray cabinetry would do the same thing.  So I have decided to paint the perimeter cabinets to match the island.  Good old white!  I love a white kitchen!

My other plans for the space involve adding a back splash (just wait until you see it - I'm sooo excited!).  My budget for this makeover is very tight, so it remains to be seen whether or not I'll be able to change out the hardware and add the rug I'd like to add.

I'm really excited to see the difference this transformation will make in the feeling of my main floor - the entire space is one big open room - and I hope you'll join me for the next six weeks as I bring my plans to life.

Have a great day~

xoxo
Wendy

         

3 comments:

laura@notatrophywife.com said...

How fun! I have an identical looking island!
How does one get to participate in future challenges?


laura {not a trophy wife}

Michaela Graves said...

I always think I want my cabinets to be a color and I feel like it never works as planned. White is timeless! Can't wait to see how it comes together!

Lisa @ Fern Creek Cottage said...

I'm so excited to watch you transform your kitchn! I just know it is going to be beautiful!!