2.23.2016

Rainbow Cupcakes~


Today I thought it would be fun to share a little St. Patrick's Day treat from my archives.
 A few years ago, my little boys and I decided to make a special treat for our family to celebrate the wearin' o' the green.

Rainbow Cupcakes


I got the idea from my bloggy buddy Kristin...but hers were much prettier and stayed in nice layers of color while mine blended together...could have had something to do with the enthusiasm of my helpers. ;-)




They're super simple to make.

1. Just take a box of white or yellow cake mix (OR I guess you could make your own mix if you felt the need - ha ha)

2. Mix according to directions, then divide into four bowls.

3. Add food coloring to each bowl...red, yellow, green, blue (my boys had a really good time with this part.) You could get creative and mix purple and orange colors in which case you'd need 6 bowls....but I'm pretty sure you figured that part out already. ;-)

4. Line cupcake tray with cupcake liners.

5. Scoop a generous spoonful of each of the four colors into each cupcake cup.

6. Bake according to directions.


7. Add a whip cream "cloud" to the top of each cupcake.  I also like to top mine with a few sprinkle "raindrops" just for fun.



8. MUNCH OUT!!

Okay, so I admit they might not be the prettiest cupcakes I ever made, but that isn't really the point is it? Sometimes I have to let go of the "Miss Perfectionist" side of my personality and remember that it really is all about the time spent with and love for the kiddos...not about the "pretty factor". And my two little leprechaun helpers (who were 2 and 4 at the time) were so proud of themselves and their colorful creations, that I think these cupcakes are true works of art!!!


Have a great day!

xoxo
Wendy

         

0 comments: