1.07.2016

Thin For You Thursday: The Importance of Accountability~



Hello Lovelies!



The beginning of a new year always has me pumped...and believing that anything is possible!  So it's a great time for me to share my excitement about Thin For You Thursday with all of you.

The holidays didn't do much damage to my weight.  My goal to practice  moderation worked well and I was able to maintain my weight loss through the holidays.  But now that they are over it is time to get serious!

Read more after the break....



My progress photo from last week's post


One thing that I've learned about weight loss is that I always do better when I have someone else to be accountable to.  That's not to say that I can't lose weight on my own, but when there is someone else who is keeping an eye on my weight, it is always easier for me to remain on task.

This is me a few years ago at Haven...this is my goal weight.
(Photo via Julia @ Hooked on Houses)


And so as part of my New Year's Weight Loss Journey, I have joined a Facebook Challenge group to lose 15 lbs. in 15 weeks.  Since optimum weight loss is up to 2 lbs. per week, this goal is very realistic and I'm so excited about it!  Having to "weigh in" every week  - in other words - having that extra bit of accountability will hopefully help me to achieve this goal!

How do you feel about accountability in weight loss?  Does it help you?  Let me know your thoughts in the comments.

xoxo
Wendy

         

2 comments:

Wendy Del Signore said...

I'm a long time reader and I write about weight loss over on my blog. I'd love for you to stop by sometime. A weight loss group is a great way to stay on track and make losing weight a habit.

If you need some recipe ideas, you can check out my latest meal post here:

http://www.dailydoseofdelsignore.com/2016/01/EatCleanonaBudget.html#.Vo5pSfkrKUk

Good luck! I am cheering you on!!!!

Wendy Johnson said...

I think having a group or a friend is fine but in the end it is all up to you. When I worked we use to sit around talking about losing weight while we stuffed our faces, finally one day I STOPPED TALKING and started doing it. I lost 100 pounds-for me- and have kept it off.