1.31.2016

The Botanical Hand-Lettering Workbook~

This post is sponsored by The Botanical Hand-Lettering Workbook.

Hello Lovelies!

I love paper.   I love paper planners.  I love paper calendars.  I love stationery, and cards, and lists.
And going right along with my love of paper, is my love of hand lettering.  There is just something so personal about cards or notes that are hand written.  I am so glad that there are people out there that agree with me, and that there is currently a trend toward the personal, paper and hand-lettered items that I love so much.

When I was a young girl, I took a calligraphy class.  I learned how to do the traditional calligraphy strokes, and I got pretty good at it...for a ten year old.  And I've been intrigued with calligraphy ever since.

So as one of my New Year's Goals this year, I decided that I wanted to learn the art of modern calligraphy.  I want to be able to do some beautiful hand lettering.



I am also a huge bookworm.  I adore books.  It is this love of books combined with my love of hand-lettering that made me jump at the chance to review a copy of  The Botanical Hand-Lettering Workbook by Bethany Robertson.  It's not a book about modern calligraphy, but it is a whimsical guide to hand-lettering with a floral flair.

Read more after the break...



The book talks about the basics of hand-lettering including how to create sans-serif, serif, and script letters.  It includes pages for practice as well as embellishments and even templates for projects. 

I found the book to be charming and it set my creative wheels spinning which, to me, is the most important thing about books of this sort.  Creative guides are such a wonderful addition to any library, don't you think?

If you love hand-lettering like I do, it is definitely a fun little book to have on hand!


xoxo
Wendy

This post was sponsored by The Botanical Hand-Lettering Workbook.  All opinions expressed are 100% mine.
            

0 comments: