Today I'm sharing how to make these cute 3-D Paper Stars
I was looking back through my archives the other day and I ran across this great little tutorial for 3-D Paper Stars. They make a fun and unique addition to table decor, to gift packaging and so on. And they're really easy to make. I originally found them years ago in an issue of Family Fun magazine, but I couldn't find a tutorial on-line, so I came up with my own.
Read the tutorial after the break...
3D Paper Stars
1. Make sure you get heavy paper. Scrapbook paper works great, but from my experience, printer paper doesn't work as well.
2. Cut the paper into strips 1/2" wide by approximately 11" long. I used 12x12 scrapbook paper and I left the strips 12" long... it doesn't really matter as long as they are at least 11" or so.
3. Begin by folding one strip into a "knot".
4. Cut the tail off so that it is flush with the edge of the "knot".
5. Then fold the paper following the angles of the "knot"...continue folding until you have a pentagon.
6. Tuck the remaining edge into one of the folds.
7. Then with your thumb and pointer finger simple "squish" the corners. As long as the paper is heavy weight it will puff out into a little star!
That's it! Aren't they adorable?
Now go to town and make yourself all kinds of little stars, You'll love it!