Dollar Store Organization for Craft Supplies~

If you're like me - not a professional crafter, but someone who does use craft supplies on a regular basis - I'm sure you have a "craft drawer".  You know, the drawer where all of the most-often-used supplies congregate?

Read more after the break...

Let me preface the rest of the post by saying that I consider myself a fairly organized and tidy person.  But one look inside my craft drawer might previously have convinced you otherwise.

Yikes!  This drawer was scaaaary!

The drawer was such a disgrace.  I tried to organize it by placing like things together and straightening it periodically, but let's be honest, a drawer like this won't stay organized unless further steps are taken. (Especially when the kiddos go digging through it for their various Christmas crafting projects.)

I didn't want to spend a lot of money to make the drawer look better, but I still wanted it to be attractive....that's just how I roll.

Enter....the dollar store.

Over winter break, the kiddos and I took a trip to the dollar store and gathered small baskets, bins and containers in blue and pink.  The great thing about these little bins and baskets is that they often come in sets of 3 or 4 for $1, so we got a lot of bang for our buck.  Then I went to work, placing my different supplies in containers that were just the right size.

After working a bit of Tetris-like magic on the little containers (I knew my prowess at that particular video game would be useful one day!) I had a perfectly organized craft drawer on my hands!

It makes my organization-loving heart go pit-a-pat.  

I've got a couple more dollar store organization posts coming your way this month....so watch for them on Mondays!