1.05.2016

DIY Bulletin Board~




Since it's the beginning of the new year, and I'm on an organizing kick, I have another fun project to share with you.  As is the case with most families, the kitchen is the hub of our home.  So important papers and mementos often end up on the refrigerator.  Rather than having a mess of papers on the side of the fridge, I thought it would be nice to have a bulletin board to pin them to instead. 

Read more after the break...



Our kitchen has an awkward little wall between the garage door and the door to the half bath...I knew it would be perfect for what I wanted, but it was a strange size.  So I decided it would be best to make a custom bulletin board.



My dad built a frame for me, and cut a piece of plywood to size.  Then to make the bulletin board, I attached sheets of cork to the plywood with a staple gun, and then upholstered the entire thing with some canvas.  You can find an easy upholstery tutorial here.  I finished the project by painting the frame with some gold craft paint and then adding the upholstered bulletin board to the frame.


After adding some hanging wire to the back (which I attached to the plywood rather than the frame) I hung it up and Voila!  Now I not only have the perfect solution to our paper storage issue, but the perfect use for that awkward wall as well!  I'm loving it!

xoxo
Wendy

         

0 comments: