The Shabby Nest: A Blog Redefined~

I've been blogging for a long time...since 2008....which is a lifetime in blogging years. 
And I have watched the landscape of the blogging world change dramatically during that time.  
It's been a very interesting journey, and one that I wouldn't have traded.

One of my earliest logos.

Another one of my early - although more recent - logos.

This past year had me thinking about the direction I wanted to take with the blog.  With everything that has been going on in my life the past couple of years, I haven't been giving the blog the attention that it deserves, and I was wondering if perhaps I should just retire from blogging.

But the more I thought about that, the more I realized that I really don't want to retire from blogging.
Instead, I want to breathe new life into The Shabby Nest.
I want to go back to the excitement of those first blogging days when I was filled with passion and enthusiasm.
I'm hoping that my new found devotion to the blog will be reflected in my posts.

My current logo (it's not going to change - I  LOVE IT!

When I started the blog, I wanted it to be a creative space where I could share my love of interior design, DIY and crafting.  Through the years I have changed the focus of the blog to be more DIY oriented.  And although I will still be sharing DIY ideas, I really want to shift the focus again and make the overall feeling of The Shabby Nest more of a lifestyle blog.  

I work as an interior designer, and interior design is my passion, so the main focus of my blog will still be interior design related.  But I also have a background in fashion, so I will be sharing a bit of fashion as well.  Of course, crafting and DIY will still make an appearance.  And everything will always be shared with an eye toward affordability.

It has always been important to me to share with my readers ways they can make their homes beautiful without breaking the bank.  I'm still going to do that, I'm just going to expand on it a little bit.  That said, my new mission statement for The Shabby Nest is 
Living A Beautiful Life on A Budget.

I'm so excited to start on this new blogging adventure!  
I hope you're going to enjoy it as much as I am!
Bring it on 2016!




Kizzy Bass said...

Love the new logo and I'm really looking forward to seeing where your new direction takes you

Mary Vitullo said...

I look forward to following along with you in 2016.

Pegster said...

What a great choice for your new theme!

Lisa said...

I have followed your blog for a very long time. I honestly cannot remember how long or how I found you. My heart sank when it sounded like you were going to stop blogging. Happy and excited that The Shabby Nest will continue! I am looking forward to seeing what 2016 holds in store. Keep up the good work!


A faithful reader ;-)

Vidya Sudarsan said...

New logos look lovely! Here's wishing you all the very best in 2016 and look forward to my visits here :)