Holiday House Walk - My Christmas House Tour~

Welcome to my Christmas House Tour!  

I'm so excited to be taking part in this year's Holiday House Walk  hosted by Jennifer Rizzo.

See the whole tour after the break...

I am stop #17 on the tour.  You can start the tour with Day #1 (Today is Day #3) by visiting Jennifer Rizzo here.

I'm excited to follow Duke Manor Farm on this year's tour...if you haven't been there yet, make sure you stop by!

If this is your first time at The Shabby Nest, Welcome!  I'm so glad you're here!  I'm an interior designer and mother of four who loves to share inspiring ideas and easy DIYs to make your house your dream home! My goal is help my readers create beautiful spaces without spending a fortune...and that is exactly what I tried to do with this year's Christmas decor.  My goal was to mostly use decor that I already had...and I love the way everything turned out.

I hope you enjoy my Christmas house tour!

I'm completely smitten with these gorgeous angel wings from Joss and Main that are the centerpiece of my living room Christmas decor this year!  (I admit they are new...but I've wanted a pair for so long!)  I was thrilled to find these!

 I like using this console as a faux fireplace - especially at Christmas.  You can read more about it here.

I like my decor to be understated so my Christmas dining room is simple. But I love the touch of red added to the silver and gold.

I added a little wreath to my kitchen window.  I also brought in an assortment of Christmas fun including an advent calendar, some pretty candles, and a stack of extra Christmas plates.

This sweet little wood puzzle Nativity was a gift several years ago.  My kids love pulling it out each year...all the pieces fit together in the manger frame.

I love this little vignette with a vintage-style Santa and an antique bottle brush tree.

In my little boys' room, I created a little "Joy to the World"...ha ha!  Get it?

My kiddos each have little trees in their rooms that they decorate themselves.  (I personally love the little gold elephant under my boys' tree.)

In my daughter's room, she added a sweet little ribbon garland to her tree.

I thought it would be fun to add a wreath above my bed this year.  In the evenings, I switch on the lights and enjoy the soft glow.  I  made the "Silent Night" pillows a few years ago from a free printable by Dear Lillie.

Here's one last view of my living room.  I hope you enjoyed the tour!  If you liked what you've seen, I hope that you will come back and join me here at The Shabby Nest again!  Happy Holidays!

The next stop on the tour is Restoration House!  Hop on over and check out the inspiration!

You can see my 2013 Christmas House Tour here
and my 2014 Christmas House Tour here.

Oh and if you're looking for the perfect gift for the design enthusiast in your life, give them a copy of my book, Decorating For Real Life! It's got loads of decor inspiration for real houses with real families!  (How's that for a shameless plug?)

Check out more Christmas ideas over at Good Housekeeping.

Have a lovely Holiday Season!


This post is sponsored in part by Joss and Main who provided me with the gorgeous angel wings.  The opinions expressed are 100% mine.



paige said...

merry christmas wendy! i LOVE those angel wings!!!

paige said...

merry christmas wendy! i LOVE those angel wings!!!

Tara Lehman said...

Such a beautiful tour Wendy!!! Those angels wings are perfect and so is your tree!!! I really like how you mixed the different metals in your living room, very pretty! I hope you are having a great week and take care, Tara

Lisa Mothersead said...

So lovely and warm and I love the children's trees. Your Christmas plates are beautiful and like that doughbowl full of Christmas trinkets. Merry Christmas!!

DD's Cottage said...

Great home tour-love!

Tidbits Blog said...

So much to love! Yes - those angel wings are perfect in your home.

Maureen Wyatt said...

I admit that glorious set of angel wings caught my eye first! You home is done up perfectly for the season and I especially like the kids darling, little trees that they did up themselves.

Cassie @ Primitive & Proper said...

those wings are magical! they look great paired with the charcoal gray.

Jennifer Rizzo said...

Thank you so much for being a part of the tour and sharing your holiday home !!

Kristin @ My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia said...

Such a beautiful home tour, thank you for sharing!