No Fireplace? No Problem!~

I love fireplaces!  Especially this time of year.  They just add such a cozy fall feeling to a space.  Don't you agree?

Sadly, Hydeaway Cottage doesn't have a fireplace.  I'd love to add one, but they are expensive!  So I had to figure out a budget-friendly way to get that "cozy fireplace feeling".  

Here's what I came up with...

Do you remember my cute contemporary console that my dad built for me?

When I designed it, I just liked the shape and this idea hadn't occurred to me at all.
Until the console became the focal point of my living room.  That's when I had an "Aha!" moment.  

Read more after the break...

All I did was go purchase a few pre-packaged bundles of wood from our local grocery store and stacked them in the cut-out of the console table.  Of course, it doesn't look like a real fireplace, but now it gives the space the sort of fireplace-cozy-warm-feeling that I was looking for.  And it didn't cost much at all to achieve!

Anyone else out there that longs to have a fireplace?  Have you found any creative solutions to create a faux fireplace?  I'd love to hear them!




Annesphamily said...

A great idea and very clever. It does look so homey and fun! We have thoguht about buying one of those electric fireplaces. We have a small area in our TV space downstairs and I thought a small electric fireplace would like so cute and cozy there. Enjoy a great weekend and thank you for sharing.

Andi's English Attic said...

My brother gave me a dvd that has a recording of a crackling log fire playing. Instead of watching tv we now find we sit around the 'fire' talking and drinking hot chocolate. You can also look at them on YouTube. Perhaps you could plug in the laptop in your 'fireplace' and play one of these recordings just to make it even more realistic. x

Jam Jar Gill said...

Such pretty decor - love the triple mirrors you've used - so effective :)