Thin For You Thursday~

Welcome to this week's Thin For You Thursday!

This week was a bit of a challenge for both of us.  But here we are celebrating the small victories!

WENDY:  Do you ever have those weeks where you're just plain munchy (that's a real word in my world)?  Carbs were calling my name this week.  And I gave in more than I wish I had.  It was very frustrating for me.  So my weight loss this week was only about 1/2 lb.  But I'm celebrating the fact that the scale went down a bit and not up!  I'm trying to come up with a good way to avoid the "treat closet" at the office where I work.  It's an entire cabinet full of easily-accessible carbs!  And it calls to me all day, every day at work.  Some days I do great at avoiding it...some days not so great.  Does anyone have any good suggestions for overcoming the temptation that is the "treat closet"?

image via Graphics Fairy

HOLLY:  So... this week all that I have wanted to do is eat, and eat, and stuff 
my face, and then eat some more. It's partly because I am female (and 
all that this implies. ;) ) It's also because I am a nervous snacker and 
all four of my kiddos went back to school this week. Including my tiny 
little red headed girl who is only in 6th grade yet the great state of 
California sees fit in sending 6th graders to MIDDLE SCHOOL to get EATEN 
ALIVE!!!(needless to say it gave me stress)!! And lastly, because I love 
to eat. So...I formulated a method. Yes, an actual method to snacking. 
I'm always a little bit late to the game so there is a possibility that 
everybody else on the planet already does this, but... I have been 
freezing my snacks. (cookies, chocolates, anything freeze-able.) They 
last longer this way so I don't feel that compulsion to eat the yummy 
stuff before it goes bad, and I have to think about what I am eating. I 
can't just mindlessly snack on something if it is in the freezer. I have 
to get it out and give it some time to thaw. Then if I want seconds I 
have to do it again. It definitely deters snacking. 

Read more and SEE OUR READER CHALLENGE after the break...

WENDY:  I made a fair go of sticking to my goal of exercising this week...but I know I can do better, so I'm sticking with the same goal this coming week.  I plan on exercising DAILY for the next week.  No excuses.

HOLLY:  I did ok, but not great on my sleep goal. So I am going to keep working 
on that and add to it my fit bit. I have gotten out of the habit of 
wearing my fit bit this summer, so I want to get back into that habit. 
It definitely raises my awareness of how active I am keeping myself.

As we said in our first post...we're hoping to make "Thin For You Thursday" a community of support for those of us who are trying to improve our health and lose a few pounds doing it!  We'd really love to feature our readers in future posts.  So.....
We'd like to hear from you!  Do you have "before and after" pics you'd like to share?
Do you have a great tip that helps you control what you eat?  
If you have anything you'd like to share leave a comment or send us an email!