Thin For You Thursday~

Welcome to Thin For You Thursday!

Holly and I were so excited with the reaction to last week's post!  I wanted to thank those that commented...it seems that our situation resonates with a lot of you!  And I wanted to mention that my comment responses aren't working...so if you have a question or need feedback on a comment, we will either email you back (if you aren't a "no-reply" blogger) or answer you in the following week's post.  We both read the comments...they matter to us!  So just know that we aren't ignoring your comments!

Now on to this week's post...

HOLLY:  It has been an emotional week for our family, and an emotional few months for mine. Three funerals and two weddings. (sounds like a movie) We are coping and healing, and life goes on. But, along with these things come events and FOOD!!! Social eating and EMOTIONAL eating, and sometimes just eating 'cause there is yummy food and you have a mouth. 

WENDY:  Holly and I were laughing at our timing with introducing Thin For You Thursday last week.  As she mentioned, it was a very emotional week.  She was in town for a family funeral.  So we did what comes naturally when there are family events.  We ate.  It was also my little family's annual back-to-school dinner this past weekend. It could have been disastrous for our waistlines.  But, here's the good thing...we didn't go crazy eating!

Read more and see a before and after pic after the break...

HOLLY:  As I stated last week my realistic goal was to not eat emotionally (within reason), and I DID eat emotionally...(within reason). I think that the difference was that I was more aware of what I was and was not putting in my mouth. I gained a pound or two but then I focused on shaving back off those pounds. I am only down a few ounces from last week. (Yes I am actually counting those ounces) And, this is why... I am focusing on the small victories instead of slip ups. I am down a few ounces instead of up a few pounds, and we all know how hard it can be to backpedal and re-lose weight. It is much easier to figure that you already blew it so why not give up?! Well, here is to not giving up!!!

Not the most flattering picture of me (Wendy)...but I love a before and after in the same outfit!
It really shows off my progress so far!  

WENDY:  My goal from last week was to drink more water.  And I attribute the fact that I am down almost a pound to the fact that I did drink more water.  As I mentioned, I didn't go crazy eating, but I wasn't strict about what I ate either.  The extra water I drank really helped, however.  Hooray for water!

HOLLY:  My goal for this next week is to start on the path toward better sleeping habits. My kiddos are starting back in school which means structure!!! I have done some reading lately on how adequate sleep helps promote healthy weight maintenance. I love to sleep as much as I love to eat, so it sounds like a win/win to me. I'm giving this a try!!!

WENDY:  I don't know about you, but when I skip a couple of days of exercise, it's easier for me to keep skipping it.  I had been doing great at working out, but I got out of the habit, and I haven't been working out like I should.  So my goal for this week is to start exercising daily again!  Like Holly said, now that the kiddos are back in school, I'm hoping that the structure of the daily routine will help.

We'd love to know whose joining us on this Thin For Us journey!  Comment below with your thoughts, your goals for the week, your success stories!  We love to hear what you have to say!

Wendy and