A Simple Lamp Update~

Hello Lovelies!

Today I'm sharing an ultra-simple lamp makeover.  But sometimes it's the simple things that make the biggest impacts.  You may recall the cute little white lamp from my boys' bedroom...or you may not.  Can you see it there?  That's the trouble.  It lacked a little something.  ...And that's why I decided to give it a makeover.

It's not the first time I've given this particular lamp makeover.  It started out as a golden yellow "squash-looking" lamp...so I gave it its first update.

But as you can see above, the white wasn't doing much for the boys' space.  So I decided to try an idea that had been floating around in my head for a while.  I decided to paint it with freehand stripes.

See more after the break...

So here's the before (up close).  Meh.

I actually had leftover paint from when I updated my front door.  The color is Sherwin Williams Naval.  And I love it.  But at this point in the process (below), I was really getting worried.  Lol!  I wanted the stripes to be less than perfect and to look a little "painterly" but this was ridiculous.  Thankfully, I didn't give up.

Three coats later, the stripes are still not "perfect" which is exactly what I wanted...and the lamp looks great!  It's definitely more interesting than it was, and perfect for the boys' room!

Have a great day~




entriwp.com said...

Much better! You couldn't see it before, now it's a standout!