5.11.2015

Turn This Outfit Into A Room: Fashion Inspiration For Room Design~


Inspiration for room designs can come from just about anywhere.  From a fabric, from a paint swatch, from a piece of art.  Or in my case, from fashion.

Fun fact:  before I studied interior design, I earned a bachelor's degree in Fashion Merchandising.  Thankfully, the fundamentals of color and design extend through both fields.  And to this day, even though I'm crazy passionate about interior design, I still have a soft spot for my background in fashion. 

And because I still love fashion...using outfits to inspire room designs comes naturally to me.

Here's a mood board for a home office that I created using inspiration from this cute dress by Ruche.

Read more after the break...


The color palette is probably not one I would have come up with on my own, but gathering inspiration from the colors in the dress helped me create an intriguing mix of 
colors that are both fun and sophisticated.

That kelly green desk is to die for, am I right?

How do you find inspiration?

xoxo
Wendy
          

2 comments:

Vel Criste said...

This is cool! Great design Wendy!

Kati said...

I love this idea. If you have an outfit that speaks to you, why not use that in a room! And I love the color pallet and design you came up with.