One Room Challenge - Week 4 Progress~

Welcome to Week 4 of the teen girl bedroom makeover I'm attempting for my daughter as part of the One Room Challenge hosted by Calling It Home.

In last week's post I asked you, my dear readers, to chime in on whether you would paint the walls a saturated mint/aqua color, or a more muted mint/aqua color.

To be honest, I was leaning more toward the muted wall color, but after much debate, and many searches on Houzz for aqua and mint-colored walls, we decided to go with a more saturated tone.

I know, I surprised myself.  As a self-proclaimed neutral-palette lover, I tend to avoid overly saturated colors.  But in this case, it just seems perfect.

At my interior-design day job, I work primarily with Sherwin Williams paints, so I pulled out my paint deck, and my daughter and I sat down with  her bedding to find the perfect shade of mint/aqua.

The color we chose for the walls is Sherwin Williams Aqueduct.

Read more after the break...

It's a shade lighter than the bedding, but will still be pretty vibrant on the walls. I'm bracing myself. ;)

And to bring in more of the navy color, we're re-painting her existing dresser Sherwin Williams Naval.

All of this painting will be going on next week...then we're just down to the install and the room will be complete!  (Assuming everything goes as planned, that is!)

If you'd like to catch up on my other ORC posts click on the links below:

Can't wait to show you some actual room progress next week!