4.29.2015

One Room Challenge - Room Prep Has Begun~

This post is sponsored in part by Shades of Light and HomeDecorators.com

Welcome to week 5 of the One Room Challenge  hosted by Calling It Home.


We're in the final stretch, and a lot is going on this week so that the room will be ready for install and I can share the BIG REVEAL next week!

It occurred to me that I had never actually shown a photo of the space, so I snapped a quick one with my cell phone last night.  Not the best photo...but let's face it, that will make the reveal look that much better!  Lol!


The  space has a bit of an awkward layout.  I've tried to work out a different spot for the bed, but the location it is in this photo seems to work the best, so we're going with it.  

We're using the Verdiana bed which I purchased from Home Decorators when we first moved in to our home. It is a greenish gray color which I like with the color scheme because it lends an unexpected depth to the space.  It has a sweet little floral detail on the headboard and a slight bit of distressing which keeps the space from looking too contemporary.  I like a space to have a bit of "age" to it.

The hot pink bedding (left over from her previous bedroom), and the nightstand didn't make the cut this time around.

Read more after the break...
As you may recall from last week's post, we finally settled on a wall color, Aqueduct by Sherwin Williams.


It's the perfect shade, just a hair lighter than the bedding we are using from PB Teen



Here is a cell-phone photo my daughter took last night to text to her bestie as I was painting the walls...the lighting is poor and the photo is grainy, but I wanted to give you an idea of how it looks on the walls.  It's definitely got a lot of punch, but I really like it, and I'm glad I decided to throw caution to the wind and go for the bold color.


This light from one of my sponsors, Shades of Light,  will be installed this weekend, and then we'll be all ready for the final install.


I'm really excited with how everything is coming together and I can't wait to show you the BIG REVEAL next week.  Make sure you come by and check it out!

If you want to check out my previous One Room Challenge posts, click the links below:


Shades of Light provided the lighting for this room at no cost,  My opinions about it are 100% mine.  Home Decorators provided me with a gift card that I put toward the purchase of the bed.  I paid the difference.  Again, the opinions expressed about it are 100% mine.

         

2 comments:

Vel Criste said...

I think I mentioned before that I adore the colors you chose dear. Can't wait to see it all come together next week!

marty (A Stroll Thru Life) said...

I love that bedding, it is stunning and the wall color is fabulous. It's going to look amazing.