1.05.2015

Ideas for the Boys' Room~

As I was looking through photos on my computer the other day, I ran across an old inspiration file (we're talking pre-Pinterest days here, kids) where I had saved a number of interior design photos. 

It was interesting to see how my style has changed, and yet in some ways, has remained the same.  I had a picture in that file that dates back to even pre-blogging days.   I had seen it in a Better Homes & Gardens publication years ago, and loved it enough that I had to hold on to it.

Photo Credit: BHG


This is the photo...a fabulous shared boys' bunk room.  It is the photo that is basically the inspiration behind what I am trying to accomplish in my little boys' room.

Read more after the break...



You may recall this photo, that I posted a few months back.  This is the in-progress built-in bunk bed that is in the boys' room.  It is finished now, but not a whole lot else has been accomplished in that room - mostly because it is just me, and I am working on a fairly tight budget, so things are slow-going.



But when I ran across the BHG photo again, I remembered the cute built-in desks at the end of the beds.  I'm thinking that this would be a perfect addition to the boys' room and would help to use the limited space wisely.  So, I'm currently figuring out the best way to incorporate this idea into their room.

I am so grateful for creative people and for the inspiration we gain from one another.  What a boring world this would be without that gift. Don't you agree?

Stay tuned to see what happens with the built-in desk idea...

xoxo
Wendy
         

0 comments: