11.06.2014

Thankful Thursday~

Hello Lovelies!

Today I wanted to revive a tradition I had a few years ago on the blog.  You see, I absolutely love Thanksgiving.  And unfortunately, I feel like it is the forgotten holiday.  Sandwiched between Halloween -a holiday that celebrates free candy- and Christmas (admittedly my favorite) poor Thanksgiving seems to get lost in the shuffle.



So this month, I want to take a minute each Thursday and focus on something I'm thankful for.  After all, as I mentioned in this post, even in the middle of turbulent and difficult times, there is always something to be grateful for.

I will not deny that this year has been a difficult one.  Getting divorced is never easy.  But despite the hardships of wading through that difficulty, this year has also been full of amazing blessings that I never want to deny or forget.



This week I am particularly grateful for the ability I have to provide for my family.  My children are my everything and the fact that I have the means to put a roof over their heads, clothes on their backs and food in their bellies means the world to me.  

I encourage you, my dear readers, to take a minute today and consider the things you are thankful for. Even if life is horribly difficult for you at the moment, I promise that there is something within it to be grateful for.  Find it, cling to it, and most of all acknowledge it!

xoxo
Wendy


         

3 comments:

Patricia Krank said...

Dear Wendy - What an inspiration you are to others even when it has been and still is a difficult time for you. It is absolutely true that there is always something to be grateful for! Thanks for sharing and I pray that this next year will be one of great joy and abundance in your life.
Blessings,
Patti

Karen Watson said...

Well said sweet friend! I'm so glad you and your kids are doing well. Such a nice photo of all of you!

xoxo
Karen

Little Farmstead said...

Oh my goodness, I felt that in my heart! Thank you for sharing. Truly a blessing to be able to provide for your children. Beautiful family and picture. I'm so sorry for what you have gone through this year. You are right - there is always something to be thankful for! Blessings...