10.17.2014

31 Days of All Things Home: Windows and Fireplaces~

Welcome to day 17 of 31 Days of All Things Home!

Click on the button to see all of my 31 Days posts!


One feature that our new house is lacking (that I really wish it had) is a fireplace.  So I have been dreaming about adding one in the future.  Personally, I really like the look of a fireplace with windows on either side, and that's what I'd really like to do at some point in the future.  For now, I'm just collecting inspiration photos. (Of course!)  And today I wanted to share some of them with you.

Found on Style at Home
I pretty much love everything about the above photo...the wood storage under the window seats is perfection!

See more inspiration after the break...



Found on Houzz.com
 More window seats.  This room just looks so cozy!


found on South Shore Decorating Blog
 I love the idea of French doors as well.  So pretty!


found on The Turquoise Home
The floor to ceiling drapes add such drama to this space!

xoxo
Wendy
         

1 comments:

Jan said...

Each of those rooms is beautiful in its own way, but they all look soooo large, leaving plenty of room to rearrange furniture whenever one feels like it! What do you do when you don't have wall space to free up to put a fireplace (direct vent, electric or gel fuel?), or the wall space that would be given up to anchor a fireplace mantel would impose severe limits on how furniture might be arranged in the future? That (plus the cost) is something I'm struggling with right now.