31 Days of All Things Home: Why I Bought A Move-In-Ready Home~

Welcome to Day 15 of 31 Days of All Things Home!

Today I wanted to share a little bit about why I bought a move-in-ready home.  As I have mentioned before, I work as an interior designer for the biggest home builder in the state of Utah, Ivory Homes. Ivory Homes is what is known as a production builder.  That means that they build  hundreds of homes every year (in the neighborhood of 700) and that the homes are built from set floor plans.

Hydeaway Cottage with the "for sale" sign in front of it.

Most builders - whether they are production or custom - build what are known in the business as spec homes, available homes, quick move-ins, or move-in ready homes.  Essentially, they are homes that are built by the company with the intention of selling them once they are built, rather than building them for a specific buyer.

Read more after the break...

As a designer, I choose the finishes for several of these homes each year.  So I know that great care is taken to make sure that these homes have nice color schemes and finishes.  When I decided to purchase a home for my family, I didn't have time to go through the entire building process, but I did want a new home.  So I decided to purchase a move-in-ready home.

I'm talking about the reasons behind this choice over at the Ivory blog.  If you're interested, you can read all about it here.

This post is NOT sponsored content, but I am an employee of Ivory Homes.