10.03.2014

31 Days of All Things Home: My New House Kitchen Cabinet Inspiration~


WELCOME!

I'm so glad you're here!  I bet you're here for some cabinet inspiration! And I'm excited to share it with you.

I have a kitchen project that I'm very excited to tackle!  Painting my kitchen cabinets!

Click on the button to see all of my 31 Days posts
So here's the thing.   Hydeaway Cottage is brand new.  Brand, spankin' new.  And the cabinets are gorgeous.  But they're just not me.  They are maple with a pecan stain and are glazed.  I am a painted cabinet kind of girl.  The island, luckily, is painted white.    Right now they look like this....

This photo was taken with my iPhone before we moved in.

And although I love me a white kitchen (as I'm sure you know),  I've decided that I'm going to paint the perimeter cabinets gray!
I know that there are those readers out there who just gasped out loud.  Painting natural wood is a cardinal sin to some.  To me, not being in love with something in your house and not doing something about it (when you can, that is) is a sin.

So here are my thoughts.

My counter tops are Verde Tunas granite which reads very gray.


So after much debate, the color I've decided to use on the cabinets is Dorian Gray by Sherwin Williams.  On my monitor, the granite and paint don't look that great together...in reality, they look fabulous.  Lol!



I'm really excited to get started!  And so you'll all be as excited as I am, here's a bit of gray cabinet eye candy for you to enjoy!


Pages: 1 2 3 4

4 comments:

notthesame said...

Did I read that you moved to the Twin Cities? There is an awesome hardware store there called Nob Hill Hardware. Awesome to work with, great selection and willing to find what you want if they don't have it.

Melanie said...

I love gray cabinets!! Can't wait to see how it turns out!!

Christie said...

I live in the Cities. I will have to check out this store! We just painted our cabinets white and it's the best thing we could have done. Can't wait to see.

Suzi said...

Can I ask about the floors!? Hardwood? Brand? Color! We are looking to redo our floors soon but have to do laminate because we have two small dogs with nails! Really love the floor color!