8.20.2014

My New House: A Living Room Sneak Peek - New Slipcovers~

The house is slowly starting to come together.  Today I wanted to share a little sneak peek of the living room with you.  It's not done, but there are some fun things starting to take shape!

The most exciting thing for me is that we got new slipcovers for the sofas!!  I'm sure you all know by now what a fan I am of IKEA.  And especially of the IKEA Ektorp sofa.  I bought my first Ektorp sofa when we lived in Massachusetts.  And then bought another a couple of years ago.  The thing that I love so much about the sofas is the fact that they are slipcovered.  To me, that means that I can change them up when I change up my space rather than needing to buy all new sofas!  Hello savings!!

For this new house, I decided to finally try out the charcoal slipcovers I talked about in this post.  They are the Svanby Grey covers.  And I am in love.



Just so you can see how different my sofas have looked over the years...here's a little visual tour of my past three (yes, three!) residences...

First, in Massachusetts my sofa sported a tan slipcover.  It lent itself well to the autumn tones that were so popular around 2007

Read more after the break...




Then, when we moved back to Utah in 2010, I decided to go with more of a cottage feeling, and chose white slipcovers.  I LOVED them....



But when we moved to the next house, I decided to change them out for the softer linen-tone of the Svanby Beige covers.




And now, the charcoal.  I love the sophisticated feeling of this color.  Perfect for our Hydeaway Cottage.




That's all the sneak peek you're going to get for now.  The room is still waiting on window treatments, art and possibly a new media cabinet since I sold my mirrored console and am currently using the console from the entry in our last house.  But, more is coming soon, I promise!

I received the gray slipcovers from IKEA at no charge.  The opinions expressed about IKEA products in the post are 100% mine.  I love IKEA!

xoxo
Wendy
         

2 comments:

marty (A Stroll Thru Life) said...

The charcoal is gorgeous and looks like the room is coming together.

Richella Parham said...

Good for you, Wendy! I don't get to IKEA very often; looks like I need to make a trip!

It's going to be such fun to watch you make Hydeaway Cottage a wonderful space for you and your kids. I'm so happy for you!