Make Summer Dinners Special with Pretty Place Settings~

Summer evenings are my favorite.  It stays light later.  No one is scrambling to get homework done.  They're quiet and leisurely.  I enjoy making dinner for my family in the summer.  (And that is really saying something.)

So why not take the time to make dinner more an event by using pretty place settings instead of dragging out the same old dinnerware night after night?

Today I wanted to share a couple of easy place setting ideas with you.  First up, bright and cheerful.  This type of mismatched place setting is really easy to achieve and helps to make any meal feel festive.  The more color and pattern the better.  ( I just make sure to set it off with my everyday white to keep it looking purposeful.)

Read more after the break...

Or if too much pattern just isn't your thing...keep it simple by adding a single patterned piece to your place setting.

Colorful place setting sources:
Patterned bowls from World Market
Patterned plates from Villeroy and Boch
White dishes from IKEA

I love this serene beach-y tablescape just as much.  I created the entire thing with inexpensive IKEA dishes.

The table runner is created using fabric scraps...  Who says you need to use a tablecloth?

And finally, for a festive centerpiece, try cutting up some fresh limes and using them as filler in a vase before adding a store-bought bouquet.  Quick, easy and inexpensive, but the look is custom.  Love it!

Take some time tonight and make dinner a little extra-special with a pretty place setting.  Every day should be a celebration.  After all, it's summer!   :-)



thecuratorscollection.com said...

Hello! I know you may be past the days of blog awards but I do so enjoy your blog and feel you are deserving. I have nominated you for 2 awards! Please check out my post http://thecuratorscollection.com/2014/07/13/here-i-grow-again-nominations/ If you choose to accept.
Smiles :o)