6.02.2014

Beautiful Home Office: Design Dump~


This past Friday morning, I got to go visit one of my good friends Autumn from Design Dump (her house is one of those featured in my upcoming book!).  For those of you who aren't familiar with Autumn - and you really need to be because she's am-az-ing - she recently built a home.  And when I say built a home, I mean she and her husband quite literally BUILT their home.  It's beautiful.  And I was able to see some of the spaces she's been working on.



I knew that she had recently finished her home office and I couldn't wait to see it.  It was amazing...so I asked her if she'd be willing to let me share it with you.

Read more after the break...





The space is tiny...but Autumn has really done a great job of utilizing every square inch.  And has made it so beautiful too!



People are often worried about using dark colors in small spaces.  This little room is proof that dark colors don't confine small spaces.  In fact, most of the time, they actually make the walls recede and really open the space up.  That was definitely the case for this office which Autumn painted Benjamin Moore's Van Deusen blue.  Somewhere between royal and navy, this deep blue was insanely beautiful and the white trim popped against it.


My favorite feature in the space was the gallery wall.  I must admit to having a little bit of an infatuation with gallery walls, and this one had me at "hello".  The mismatched frames, the meaningful artwork, I loved it all.


Autumn scored this amazing Arteriors light fixture on eBay.  It was perfect.


I'm going to share a few more photos with you, but I'll let you read more about her office on her blog...you can find the post here.  Tell her Wendy sent you. :-)




All photos courtesy of Design Dump

Have a great day!

xoxo
Wendy

1 comments:

autumn said...

thanks wendy!
your kind words are so sweet to read. i am so glad we stubbled into each other those many months ago! i hope your new job is going well!