1.20.2014

Using Dressers as Nightstands~

Thanks to IKEA for collaborating on this project.

I have been wanting to replace the dresser and side table that I have been using as nightstands for quite some time.  Aside from the fact that I wasn't happy with the way they looked (so unhappy, in fact, that I have no pictures showing both sides of the bed at the same time), I also really wanted a more symmetrical look and I needed increased storage in my bedroom. 



My bedroom is also my office, and since I have a small desk with very little storage, I thought adding more storage for office supplies would be beneficial, and using a dresser in place of a nightstand was the perfect idea.



Read more after the break..

I decided on the Hemnes 3-drawer dressers from IKEA because I like the clean, simple lines and the gray-brown color was perfect with the palette I already have going in my bedroom.




The deep drawers offer tons of storage.  On one side of my bed, I keep craft supplies and wrapping paper supplies.  On the other side - closer to my desk -  I keep my printer, camera, and other blogging supplies.  I can just pull out the drawer with the printer, plug it into the computer and into an electrical outlet, and I can print without even taking it out of the drawer.



I'm extremely happy with how the room looks and more importantly, how it functions.  It's a win/win.



I was given the IKEA dressers in exchange for a review, but the opinions posted are 100% mine. I love IKEA!

6 comments:

GSGreatEscaper said...

Drawers are so much more efficient than cabinets! I took out a kitchen cabinet and replaced it with a 4-drawer chest and I'm so happy. Everyone who needs more space should think 'Drawers!'

marty (A Stroll Thru Life) said...

They look fabulous, love the color too and storage is always great. Hugs, Marty

Lisa @ Fern Creek Cottage said...

The dressers look gorgeous and I love the idea of having all that storage!

Fiona, LilyfieldLife said...

hi Wendy
Your room looks very beautiful and I like the look but I am always a little disappointed with how the furniture from IKEA (and other flat pack suppliers) lasts. I'd love to see what you think in a year or more's time.
I do love the idea of dressers as bedside tables. We don't have a big wardrobe and so we have quite big bedside tables that we store some of our clothes in. I could even go bigger.
Fiona

Ashley@AttemptsAtDomestication said...

Love this idea! Those drawers are perfect for the space too!

Arun Venkatesh said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.