Terrific Homes Tuesday: Beautiful Contemporary Home Tour~

It's been a while since I've done a Terrific Homes Tuesday post.  But I have a fun one for today.  Over Thanksgiving, I had the chance to go to Southern California to visit my sister.  And while I was there I was able to tour a beautiful home which was designed by the architecture firm that my brother-in-law works for, Guy Dreier Designs.

Had I known I was going to get the chance to see such a beautiful home, I would have brought my big-girl camera with me.  As it was, all I had with me was my cell phone. (What kind of a blogger am I?) Please know that these photos, taken with my cell phone - some of which are even a little blurry - in no way do this home justice, but I just had to share them with you anyway. 

I wish that I had a better photo of the exterior.  It was beautiful especially at twilight which is when we arrived at the home.

The home was a "spec home".  Which, in builder talk, means that it was not built for a specific client, but was built with the intent to sell it afterwards.  My brother in law told me that it was smaller than the majority of homes the firm designs at around 6000 square feet and was going to be listed at around $7 million if I recall correctly.

Guy Dreier Designs specializes in high-end, contemporary home design.  The homes they design are, as their website states, studies in sculptural shapes and organic warm spaces. 

This is the best photo I have of the main living area.  The section in the center is a step-down bar area.  In the distance is the dining area.
See more of this amazing home after the break...


The shower in the master bath was HUGE!  And the window you see?  They're all over in the bathrooms.  You can see out, but no one can see in.

The master bath was gigantic!  See me in the mirror in the far distance?  I'm still in the bathroom.  Lol!  And what looks like a sink in this photo is actually a soaker tub - to give you a little size perspective.

I was really interested in the integration of the furniture and the architecture.  Many of the "furniture" pieces in this particular space were built-in structures most of which were composed of leather-finished granite.  As an interior designer, I found the combination to be fascinating.

The fireplace was indoor/outdoor...you can see the windows leading to the patio to the right of the fireplace.

Couldn't get over the light fixture. 

The house sat with the back facing a beautiful golf course in Palm Desert, and as is the case with many of the homes designed by their firm, this house had a beautiful outdoor living space with a lovely infinity pool...and the glass doors in the main living area retracted so that the two space became one.  Unfortunately it was dark outside when we visited, so I couldn't get a decent photo.

These beautiful floor is tile - not wood.  Awesome, right?

The fireplace was stunning with the glass 'filler' - I'm sure there's a technical name for it.  You can also see a bit of the leather finish granite in this photo.

It was so much fun for me to see how "the other half" lives.  I hope you enjoyed this little tour as well.  And if you want to see more of the amazing homes my brother-in-law gets to help design, you can check out the Guy Dreier Designs website.

This post was not compensated in any way.  I simply wanted share some amazing design with you!


Marti said...

That is a gorgeous home. I love that tile that looks like exotic wood. How fun to get to see this house in person. Thanks for sharing.