10.21.2013

How to Create a Jack-o-Lantern using Duck Tape and Duck Tapes #StickOrTreat Contest

This is a Sponsored post written by me on behalf of Duck Brand provided by ShurTech Brands, LLC for SocialSpark. All opinions are 100% mine.

This last week my kids and I had a BLAST creating an adorable Jack-o-Lantern that we could dress up with different costumes.   And all we used to do it, was a craft pumpkin and three rolls of Duck Tape®'s Halloween-themed tape.   jack o lantern supplies photo photo3-3.jpg First, I created the Jack-o-Lantern face by cutting the shapes out of some black Duck Tape® and sticking them on.  This was probably the easiest Jack-o-Lantern face I've ever created!  The Shabby Nest Jack O Lantern with Duck Tape Face photo photo3-Copy.jpg Next, I created a couple of different costumes for our pumpkin friend.  After all, what would Halloween be without wardrobe options?  The first costume I created was a Native American Warrior.  I started out by making a headband.  The Shabby Nest headband for Jack o Lantern photo photo1-Copy.jpg Then, of course, I needed to add some feathers.  To make these, I just folded the Duck Tape®in half so it stuck to itself,then cut out the basic feather shape.  The Shabby Nest Two Feathers Made from Duck Tape photo photo2.jpg To add a bit of interest, I cut notches in the sides of each feather.  The Shabby Nest Feather made from Duck Tape photo photo1-1.jpg Then I simply taped them onto the headband.  Once I put the headband on the pumpkin, I used some smaller pieces of chevron tape to add warrior paint to the pumpkin's face.  And here he is in all of his Warrior glory!  Love it!   The Shabby Nest Native American Jack o Lantern photo ShabbyNestDuckTapePumpkin.jpg For the next costume, I was inspired by the cute purple spider  Duck Tape®.  So I decided to make a "Miss Muffet" costume.  I started by making a bow out of Duck Tape®, but then I thought it would be cuter if I added a rosette.  The Shabby Nest Flower Made from Duck Tape photo photo3-2.jpg This was simple to make by folding the Duck Tape® not quite in half (which left a narrow sticky strip) and then wrapping it in on itself to create a flower shape.  The Shabby Nest Making a Flower from Duck Tape photo photo4.jpg After attaching the bow to the pumpkin, I cut out one of the spiders with it's attached web and added it to the pumpkin. Voila!  Miss Muffet!  The Shabby Nest Miss Muffet Pumpkin photo ShabbyNestDuckTapePumpkinLittleMissMuffet.jpg Right now Duck Tape® is running it's Stick Or Treat contest.  All you have to do to enter is to decorate a pumpkin with Duck Tape® like I did and then submit an image of your pumpkin.  You can read all about  the Stick or Treat Contest here.   So make your pumpkins and enter the Stick or Treat contest!  First Place wins $1000 and a Cricut Mini Personal Electronic Cutter.  Second Place wins $500 and Third Place wins $300!  And don't forget to leave me a comment if you enter...I'd love to see your creations!   You can find Duck Tape® on Twitter  @TheDuckBrand...make sure to follow them for tons of inspiration!

 The 

Visit Sponsor's Site

0 comments: