10.23.2013

DIY Gold Glitter Chevron Tray

This is a Sponsored post written by me on behalf of FrogTape brand painter’s tape for SocialSpark. All opinions are 100% mine.

 I am absolutely in love with gold lately.  And I love glitter almost as much as I love gold.  Put the two together and I am head-over-heels.  So I am extremely excited to share with you this cute **and easy** chevron tray I created using FrogTape® Shape Tape™ and Gold Glitter Spray Paint.  Shabby Nest Chevron Tray with Flowers photo ShabbyNestFrogTapeTraywithflowers2.jpg I started by taking this cute - but plain - wooden tray. photo traybefore.jpg  Then I used this fabulous new Shape Tape™ that I received from FrogTape®.  It comes pre-cut in either chevron, waves or scallops.  I used the chevron shape.  photo shapetape.jpg Then, with the assistance of my 10-year-old daughter, we placed the tape evenly on the tray.  I was a little bit worried that the project might not turn out the way I envisioned it, because I was using glitter spray paint, and I was afraid it might leak under the tape.  The great thing about Shape Tape™ is that it has FrogTape® patented PaintBlock® technology.  It forms a seal between the tape and the surface so that the paint can't leak underneath.  So I sprayed the tray and let it dry.  Once it was dry, I removed the tape and saw the final product.Shabby Nest Gold Glitter Chevron Tray photo ShabbyNestFrogTapeTray.jpg  It was fabulous!!!  The lines were completely crisp - no leaks -  and the tray looked amazing! The best part about the whole project is that it took very little time!  There was no intense measuring or time-consuming pattern layout.  I just added the Shape Tape™ to create the pattern, and that was it! Shabby Nest Chevron Tray photo ShabbyNestFrogTapeTraywithflowers.jpg FrogTape® is on Twitter @FrogTape...make sure to follow them for tons of inspiration!

Visit Sponsor's Site

3 comments:

Tori Hess said...

I LOVE this! I am really in to gold and glitter right now!!!

I just made a DIY glitter pumpkin with gold glitter. Lovin' it.

Anna See said...

Wow! That turned out beautifully and it looks so easy!

lynn cockrell said...

Great job on your tray!