8.14.2013

Using the Good Dishes~

This post is sponsored by Villeroy & Boch.

For many of us setting a table with the good dishes - with the fine china - only happens on special occasions.  We save them for holidays and parties.  Why is that?

Today, I wanted to share a few ideas on how to use the good dishes every day...

Take these pretty plates by Villeroy & Boch for example.  They are what one might consider fine china.  The company that makes them has been around since the 1800's and is known for its quality craftsmanship.  They aren't what I would consider everyday dishes.  But that doesn't mean that they can't be.



I gathered up a bunch of my everyday dishes to combine with the fancier plates.  





And here are a few of the different place settings I came up with...

Read more after the break...


First, I decided to create a beach-y tablescape by combining the pretty salad plates with plain white dinner plates and bowls .  Then I added striped placemats and napkins in tones of cream and sand.  After adding a centerpiece of seashells, the table is ready for a casual meal.




Switching out the dinner plate for a red one, and adding a blue bowl gives the place setting a patriotic feel perfect for sunny summer picnic.


Since I was exploring my more colorful side, I decided to try creating a more eclectic table.  This one would be perfect for a light luncheon with friends. 


I added a funky centerpiece to keep the mood light and fun rather than proper and polished.


So what do you think?  Have I convinced you that you can use the "good dishes" every day of the week?  Don't save them for holidays...pull them out and enjoy them!  After all, isn't eating a hamburger on fine china a little bit more fun than paper plates?

Thanks to Villeroy & Boch for providing the pretty Lina Cherry plates for my review.  The opinions expressed in this post are 100% mine.

Have a great day!

xoxo
Wendy

7 comments:

Dawn said...

Love the combos you came up with. I don't have nice dishes so I don't have to worry. I do have several different color of setting so I do mix and match those.

Stella Cornwell said...

Oh my gosh, those bowls are adoooorable... I'm an eclectic gal, so a creative mix of color and patterns circling a super fun and quirky centerpiece is my kind of eye candy! Thanks for the inspiration ;)))

Trish @TheOldPostRoad said...

LOVE those!

Denise @ frazzled JOY said...

I love the dishes - and I love mixing and matching! Pretty settings :)

Laura Hanson said...

I have a {slight} obsession with dishes. I love 'em and I use 'em -to the point that my friends tease me about not have any products.

Thanks for sharing,
Laura

Ashley@AttemptsAtDomestication said...

Those dishes are adorable! I love them! We only have one set of dishes, which are our everyday dishes. I'd love to get a set of china or nice dishes one day though!

Michelle Lunt said...

Hi Wendy, I am a "dish-o-holic" & I adore these beautiful dishes! I clicked on the link & it looks like they are from England? Looking forward to seeing you at the Design Dazzle par-tay.

Warmly, Michelle
Faith, Trust & Pixie Dust