Tooth Fairy Door~

Today I want to share a little (and I do mean little) project that has been on my to-do list for a very long time.

It's a Tooth Fairy Door. 

So cute, right?

And it was soooo simple to make.  Here's how you can make one too...

Read more after the break...

What you'll need:

1.  A doll house door (available at your local hobby/craft store)
2. Craft paint  (I let my kids choose the colors - they were really excited about this project)
3. Small paint brushes
4. Glitter
5. Command strips

How to:

1. Paint the door in the craft paint color of your choice.

2.  While the paint is still damp, pour glitter onto it.  Then gently tap the glitter off.  You'll need to do this part of the process in steps because the paint dries quickly enough that the glitter wont stick if you wait to long. 

3.  I chose to use a second accent color for the door trim.

4.  Then I used command strips to attach it to the wall so that it would be easy to remove once my kiddos are done losing their teeth and the Tooth Fairy no longer needs an easy entrance to our house.

This last photo is to give you a bit of an idea of the scale of the door...and so you can see how badly my baseboards need to be painted again (lol!)

Have a great day~


Karen said...

So precious! I have more than a few of these little doors,except mine are a bit more permanent. I'm just a big kid at heart! Thanks for sharing.


Susan D said...

This is the cutest thing I have EVER seen!!!!!! I can't wait to do this for my daughter!

Jan said...

I LOVE your Tooth Fairy Door. I had no idea one could actually make such a portal to the Fairy World. When I was a kid I had no idea how on earth the Tooth Fairy actually got into my bedroom and put a quarter underneath my pillow -- and the pillows of my sisters (all four of us shared one large dorm-like bedroom back in the 1950s). I just could not imagine her walking through the door -- I mean, how would she ever have gotten past Mom and Dad, and our doggy (doggies, over the years). But somehow, She always managed to know the exact day and sure enough, in the morning after losing a tooth, there that quarter would be. I finally figured that She was coming in through the screen in the summertime when we had the bedroom windows open (back when it was still safe to do so). I never did figure out for sure how She managed to get into the bedroom during the winter, except by using a Magic Wand. No wonder I fell so in love with the Harry Potter series of books, although I didn't start reading until AFTER the second movie came out :) Seems I am forever an 11 year old skinny butt of a girl with a big crush on a guy who wears glasses. Always have had a thing for men who wear glasses... Now I know why.

Katherines Corner said...

Wendy this is adorable! love it. Hugs

Fairhope Supply Co. said...

This is just the sweetest thing! Our tooth fairy here in Alabama always scattered fairy dust around the room. A pain in the neck to clean the next day, but joyful in the morning! Believe me, you will keep that door up FOREVER! My teens still talk about the fairy dust (and the birthday fairy too)!

Great job, Mom!