8.19.2013

Back to School Dinner 2013~

Just before school starts every year, we hold our annual back-to-school dinner.  It's our way of celebrating the end of summer and getting the kids excited for the new year. 



I started working full time outside the home this year.  It has been an adjustment for all of us.  I feel strongly about traditions and keeping them within our family. So even though my time is more limited than it used to be, I made sure that I still did something fun for our back-to-school night.   I believe that having traditions is one of the things that creates a strong family culture and makes children feel bonded to one another and to their parents. So even though it wasn't as extravagant as it has been in the past, it was fun and that's what matters.

Read more....

For the past few years I've made letting the kids choose what we have for dinner part of the tradition...and this year they wanted Chinese take-out.  So I decided to use that as part of the d├ęcor theme.

I found these cute take-out boxes at World Market and filled them with candy.  Then I clipped a "fortune" to the top of each one.  It said "Dream BIG".   Another part of our dinner each year is the introduction of our family them for the school year, and this year it is Dream BIG!  I want my children to believe that they can accomplish anything that they put their mind to.  And if you're gonna dream...you might as well dream big! 



And about the mustaches...well, I found the cute mustache clips, and the tags I used as place cards at World Market as well.  They were just so doggone cute, I couldn't not get them. 



So the kiddos head back to school on Tuesday...and they're excited.  And we're all ready to Dream BIG! 

Do you have any back-to-school traditions?  If so, I'd love to hear them!

xoxo
Wendy

1 comments:

Jessica Christian said...


I love this idea and theme. So adorable and I am pretty sure this will act like a positive mood enhancer to the kids.
The chinese moustaches and the boxes are insanely cute. Love 'em..

Love
Jessica x