10 Fun Summer Activities for Kids~

Summer is winding down....but that doesn't mean there aren't plenty of days left to fill with fun summer memories for the kiddos.

So today I thought I'd share a list of 10 of my go-to summer activities that keep my kids busy and make great memories at the same time.

1.  Explore Your Community. Try a new park. Go to a museum.  Visit the zoo.  Find a place in your community that you've never been and try it out.  This activity alone could keep you and the kids busy all summer long.

2. Join the Summer Reading Program at your local library.  Most libraries offer summer reading programs of one sort or another.  Many reward children for reading a certain number of books.  For non-readers, make sure and check out the story times at your local library...they're a fun way to introduce a love of books to your kiddos.

3. Visit your local splash pad.  This is a perfect way to cool down...and it doesn't cost money. (That's always a bonus in my book.  lol!)

Read more after the break...

4. Have a movie marathon.  Every summer the kiddos and I watch all of the Harry Potter movies over a series of several days.  We pop popcorn and snuggle up together.  It is a highlight of our summer every year. 

5. Create an art exhibit.  Have the kids try out different art mediums...from watercolors to collage...then display their art for friends and family to come see.

6. Encourage your little Entrepreneurs.  Lemonade stands are a favorite activity for my children.  They have fun, earn a little money, and learn responsibility all at the same time!

7. Try out Tie-Dye.  Help your kids create their own wearable art by tie-dying inexpensive t-shirts.

8. Build Forts.  Inside or out, forts are favorites for children of all ages.

9.  Go to a drive-in.  Many communities still have drive-in theaters.  We love to bring piles of pillows and blankets -  along with a camping chair or two -  and lots of goodies to a drive-in and enjoy the movie with the tailgate down.

10. Try a Kiwi Crate.  I first tried Kiwi Crate with my children a couple of years ago when I was asked to review them on the blog.  I fell in love with them...and so did my kids.  We received another Kiwi Crate for the kids to try out this summer, and I remembered exactly why I loved them so much...so I subscribed.  Every month the kids get a new box filled with curated crafts supplies...that create adorable projects.  My boys look forward to getting their "fun box" in the mail, and I earn cool mom points while they get to create!  It's a win-win.

They're only kids once.  So take the opportunity to make some magical memories this summer.  I love to hear what other parents do to entertain their kids in the summer.  What are your favorite summer-time activities to do with your family?

Kiwi Crate provided us with a complimentary Kiwi Crate to Review.  But the opinions expressed are 100% mine.


heidi said...

I'd love to hear more about your family's art exhibit. How did you invite people? What did you do? Did the kids talk about their art and the process of making it? We're there refreshments? What did your guests think?