6.16.2013

The Parade House Reveal~

It seems like I've been waiting FOREVER to share the Parade House with you!  And the day has finally arrived!

This year I had the fabulous opportunity to decorate a house for the Utah Valley Parade of Homes.  I was hired by the homeowners - who are friends of mine - to help them create an amazing house...and I think we definitely accomplished that!

This is the entry hall of the house looking through to the great room. 
Read more after the break...

The entry is tiled with charcoal penny tiles and the home's address is "spelled" out in white.

The fixture in the entry is stunning, as is the two-story wainscoting.

I love the moody gray on the walls in the home office.  The vintage-inspired travel posters give the room a pop of color.

We spent the better part of an evening trying to decide on the perfect placement for the fireplace.  I love the fact that we decided to put it in the entry to the great room...it is a two-way fireplace, so you can see through from the entry to the great room.

The homeowner and  I named this silver horse "Frankfurt".  It's one of my favorite pieces in the house.

This amazing sectional was actually made by the homeowner's father!  It is the centerpiece of the living room (well, that and the awesome cowhide rug.)

I love mix-and-match seating, and the colorful rug adds flare to the dining room.

The table setting is pretty in neutrals...luckily the homeowners both love gray and white as much as I do. ;-)



The master bedroom has a bit of a feminine touch with these pretty mirrored side tables and an upholstered headboard.

The barn door entrance to the master bath is one of  my favorite touches.


We used a dining bench as a settee.  It fits perfectly in the niche of the master bedroom.

Peonies in an oversized mason jar are pretty on the mirrored side table.

This oversized art makes a statement between the amazing RH sconces.

The nursery is neutral with pops of blue...and a travel theme.


The cute letter "E" on the side table is actually cut from a vintage book. It was a gift from the homeowner's mother.

What house is complete without a gallery wall?

We wanted to add pops of green to the candy jars...the decorating-ninja homeowner created the ombre m&m display.  I LOVE IT!

These bar stools add just the right vintage-industrial touch.

The hallway from the garage leading down to the master bedroom and nursery.

The kid spaces in this house are some of my favorite.  This is the loft with a great chalkboard wall and play tent by RH Kids.

This room is one of my favorites in the house!  We splurged a bit on the bedding and lights for this room...but it was well worth it!


This cute storage cubby is topped by a vintage train toy and another adorable cut-out book letter.

The second floor has a catwalk that looks down into the living room and the entry on the opposite side.  Check out that amazing brick wall!

Okay, I know I keep saying spaces are my favorite but this two-story wall covered in Cole & Sons "Woods" Wallpaper is simply stunning!   

We created an adorable salon in the basement for the homeowner who is a hairdresser.

All photos taken by the amazing Megan Hobson of MeganHobsonPhoto.com
 
 
I hope you enjoyed this tour of the Parade Home.  It was one of the most rewarding jobs I've ever done...and definitely one of the most fun.
 
 
If you'd like help with a design dilemma, I'm your girl.  You can check out my design consultation page here.  I also do in-person design for local Utah residents.  Please email me at shabbynest (at) yahoo (dot) com for further information.
 
 
Follow me on Instagram for behind-the-scenes fun!
 
Have a great day~
 

9 comments:

Lisa Wagner said...

Wendy, it's gorgeous!

Would they like a room-mate? lol :)

Vel Criste said...

WOW! there's nothing I dont like about this home!Great job Wendy!!!!!!

autumn said...

its just gorgeous! i can see your touches everywhere. i adore the boys bedroom too---those lights are AWESOME! the cole and sons wallpaper is the perfect touch for that expansive wall. SO great to see all your hard work payoff! it looks amazing!

Cynthia said...

Wow and Congrats!! You did a wonderful job! Come and see what is new at Cloches and Lavender and follow us along on our journey!

Cynthia

Ashley@AttemptsAtDomestication said...

What an awesome house! It looks absolutely fabulous! I love how you fixed it up!

Stacy Risenmay said...

Wendy you did a fabulous job! That wallpaper! Those kids rooms! LOVE!!!!

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

It's gorgeous!! I love every single thing. That map art is so awesome. I love those barstools. And I love the idea of the penny tile with the address - so cool! YOu did an awesome job!!
xoxo

TheGildedGypsies said...

Thank you for being such an inspiration! Sometimes it takes an inspiring post like this to get the rest of us folks back on the decorating trail! Hugs, Anne

Ann Callaham said...

Where did you get that map you used on the wall next to the chair?? I'd like to do something similar in my home but can't find the right map. That one is perfect!