Summer Home Tour~


Today I'm super excited to be taking part in The Summer Tour of Homes with 24 of my bestest blogging buddies.  If you've just hopped over from The Inspired Room, welcome to my  blog!  If you haven't yet had a chance to see Melissa's beautiful home, make sure you pop over and take a peek.

Before I share my home with you, here are a couple of unique things I'd like you to know...

1. We rent our home.  But I don't let that stop me from making this home a reflection of my taste.  
2. I am an interior designer who loves to inspire others with my design philosophy: Luxe for Less.  I believe that just because you are on a budget, there's no reason why you can't make your space look well-designed and high end.  You just need to think outside the box!

I hope you enjoy my home...


I just redid my entry way and will be posting about the changes in the next day or two but here's a peek...

in the meantime, you can find out how I created the amazing wall here.

Read more after the break...

This is my living room as it looked last spring.  I am in the process of giving this room a few tweaks as well...stay tuned to see them.

My bedroom is getting a makeover in the near future as well...but I'm thinking I'll save the pretty sunburst mirror. ;-)

My daughter's room is full of great DIY ideas.  You can read about it here.


My boys' room is also changing but I love this version.  The "B" wall is one my favorite parts of the space.  But I also really love the striped wall.

The kids' bathroom is so bright and friendly.  It was inspired by this great chevron shower curtain.  You can find out about our DIY wainscoting and download the fun artwork here.

I turned a loft space into a bedroom for one of my boys.  I LOVE the way it turned out.  You can read about it here. 

Because we are renting, there are many things in the house I cannot change. My kitchen cabinets, counter and flooring are some of them.  But that didn't stop me from sprucing up the space.  You can read about that here.


Making my laundry area bright and cheerful has helped me to want to do laundry...almost.

 I hope you enjoyed this peek into my home.  Come back soon to see all of the changes that are taking place.  And make sure to check out the rest of the amazing homes that are taking part in this fun Home Tour.
You can start with my lovely friend Donna at Funky Junk Interiors.  You'll be amazed!!
Here are the other participants if you want to check them out!

DAY 1 (June 3rd)

2 - The Nester @ Nesting Place

3 - Mandi @ Vintage Revivals

5 - Ashley @ The Handmade Home

6 - Kristin @ The Hunted Interior

- - - - -

DAY 2 (June 4th)

1 - Beckie @ Infarrantly Creative

3 - Chris @ Just a Girl

4 - Brooke @ All Things Thrifty

5 - Karen @ The Graphics Fairy

6 - Emily @ Decor Chick

7 - Roeshel @ DIY Show Off

- - - - -

DAY 3 (June 5th)

1 - Melissa @ The Inspired Room

2 - Wendy @ The Shabby Nest

3 - Donna @ Funky Junk Interior 

4 - Marianne @ Songbird

7 - Brittany@PrettyHandyGirl

- - - - -

DAY 4 (June 6th)

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality (www.southernhospitalityblog.com)

Traci @ Beneath My Heart (www.beneathmyheart.net)

Stacy @ Not Just a Housewife (www.notjustahousewife.net)

Jen @ Jennifer Rizzo (www.jenniferrizzo.com)

Lindsay @ Makely Home (www.makelyhome.com)

Sandra @ Sawdust Girl (www.sawdustgirl.com)

DAY 5 (June 7th) - Link Party at The Shabby Creek Cottage


Suzan Sweatman said...

It all looks just beautiful!
I remember when you did up that nook loft space ( I have it pinned actually ) thanks for sharing!

ingrid@nowathomemom said...

Your house is beautiful! I enjoyed the tour! I love how you styled your living room; very pretty!
I stopped by today from The Shabby Creek cottage!

Lisa Wagner said...

Love it, love it, love it!

Of all the design/home blogs I read, yours is my favorite. Nothing is too overdone or trendy - it's just perfect. :)

Stacey said...

Your house is wonderful! I love that it's so pretty but not overdone. You have lots of great ideas.

Gina Luker said...

Your home is so lovely! I am so glad you joined the tour - so happy to have you!

And that bathroom is one of my favorite room makeovers, like, evah!

Love Bigger than the World said...

Oh how lovely! I LOVE LOVE LOVE your home! I have a question about the big black sign you hung on your kitchen cabinet (the bottom wide space). What did you hand that with? I'm assuming you couldn't just hammer in anything to hang it since you rent. ;)

Funky Junk Interiors said...

Gorgeous! The fact that you rent makes it even more special because honestly, what you've done looks as if you haven't held back at all. Your home is so stylish AND cozy. I love your colourful touches!

Linda @ Home is Where My Heart is said...

Wendy~Your home is beautiful! Thank you so much for sharing it with us! Great inspiration! ~Linda

Karen Watson said...

It's gorgeous Wendy!! Next year at Snap I may just show up at your door so that I can see it all in person! (just kidding!) I'm not surprised that you do this for a living sweet friend, you have such a fabulous eye for style and design!!

creationsbylauraj said...

I was just in Orem and saw all the billboards promoting the Parade. Sadly we left on Sunday. I am so bummed! If it had been during graduation week I would have loved to see your home! The pictures are great! I love your home!

Jennifer Rizzo said...

Wendy, I love your space. THank you for sharing your beautiful home!!!

reFresh reStyle said...

I love your home! It's beautiful and filled with so many ideas. Thank you!

ashley @ the handmade home said...

Wendy! I love everything about your home. Your blues are just gorgeous and your approach is so great. Can I have those fashion pieces above her bed? So lovely! ;} Will I be seeing you at Haven this year? ;}

Marie Blackburn said...

Wow Wendy, if only all renters were like you! I'm in awe - beautiful. Thank you for the tour!

Stacy Brown said...

I love the great room! Thanks for opening your home..
Stacy from http://pistolandpantry.com

shena84 said...

That is amazing. How did you get your landlord to let you draw on the walls?

shena84 said...

That is amazing. How did you let your landlord let you draw on the walls?

kari king said...

Where is that console table from??? I want that. (The one in the opening photo??)

kari king said...

Where is that console table from? I want it!! (The one in the opening photo)