6.10.2013

My Entry Hall: The Reveal~

During my Summer Home Tour last week, I showed my new entry hall, but I never had a "BIG REVEAL".  So even though technically the new entry has already made its debut on the blog, I still wanted to give it a true reveal.

I hope that even though it's already been seen, you might be interested enough in the details to give this post a read. 

Without further ado...the new entry hall.


And just for fun, here's a side-by-side BEFORE and AFTER.

Read more after the break...



In all honesty, nothing was really "wrong" with the way the entry hall was...I just got the bug to change it up a bit.  I really wanted a console table that was less traditional.  Trouble is, I couldn't find just what I was looking for, so I decided I would have to make it.  (Or, more accurately, design it and have someone else make it for me. Ha!)

So I designed just what I was looking for.  A console with a modern feel and clean lines that was larger than the one we had.  I did love the gray color I painted the previous console (Martha Stewart's Magnetite) so I chose to paint the new one the same color.  But that's where the similarities end.

The hubby started to build the console and my cute Papa finished it.


We started with a sheet of plywood and had it cut down to four 16" wide lengths.  Then we made the outside frame, followed by the inside frame.  The two frames were braced together and then we finished them off with thinner plywood on the front and back.  Sounds easy.  But that's just because I wasn't the one building it.  ;-)


I love the contrast of the natural textures against the  more contemporary console.  The antler is vintage from my mom, as is the old birdcage.  The finial was something I picked up at Tai Pan here in Utah.  The design books add a nice pop of color.


I got the bubble glass lamps for a song from the design showroom I used to work for.




The porthole mirrors are from the new Threshold line at Target.  I love the idea of using three mirrors instead of the typical single mirror.  They still provide the light I need on that side of the room, but they are a bit unexpected and much more interesting.

 
 Of course, I kept my hand-drawn accent wall.  I couldn't paint over that. :-)



I just love how it turned out.  Trouble is...having a bright new entry, has me figuring out ways to redo the living room.  Again.  Sheesh.  Such is the life of a designer.  Lol!


Have a great day~

11 comments:

Jennifer @ Dimples and Tangles said...

Wendy, I missed your tour last week, so this is my first time to see your entry and it is FABULOUS! I love the new more modern feel, but it's still so inviting. Nice change...but you don't need to change that living room one bit...it's perfect! :)

Patti@OldThingsNew said...

What a wonderful entry hall you've created Wendy! I did a similar painted pattern on two walls in my house. It is fabulous! Blessings to you, Patti

Jenny Romaine said...

Beautiful! I love the clean, modern look you've created.

Maria said...

Love the lamps and the mirrors - they work so well together and really work with the stenciled wall! Very nice!

Ashley@AttemptsAtDomestication said...

Love the lamps and the mirrors! I love the non-traditional look of the mirrors too! It looks great!

Gentrey said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
MomHomeGuide.com said...

Your new entry hall looks so neat and beautiful! Makes me want to redo my home's entry hall again!- Lauren

The Pin Junkie said...

This is beautiful! You did a great job! I pinned!

katie@mydiyhabits said...

Love it! It really makes the room feel Bright!
Katie@mydiyhabits

Kara said...

Wendy,
You are such a sweet person, with amazing beutification skills! Your entry turned out FABULOUS just like you! I think you should post a tutorial on that table, I kinda want to make one!

Melissa Clark said...

Fabulous!!!! I LOVE it!!!!!