5.21.2013

What I'm Working on Wednesday: The Parade House~

The Utah Valley Parade of Homes is just around the corner.  It starts on June 7th.  So it's crunch time for getting the house I'm working on decorated.

On Monday, my good friend (the homeowner) Kara and I spent the better part of the day shopping for the house.  I have to say that actually doing the shopping is my favorite part of decorating a home.  And doing the shopping with my good friend is even better.

We laughed our way through most of the day, but we got a lot of work done too!  (Yes, shopping is hard work.)

We stopped into HomeGoods, and scored on a TON of pillows.  They were all fabulous!


Read more after the break...


We also found some great art.



This piece isn't for their house, but I thought it was so cute, I just had to share.



These photos just crack me up!  We found some awesome mirrored bedside tables at  Tuesday Morning and were determined we were going to get them out and carry them up to the cashier on our own.  They weren't heavy, just awkward, and it became a bit of a scene.  One of the workers snapped these photos of us as we laughed ourselves silly trying to carry those nightstands to the front of the store.


The house is really coming together, and I'm so excited to share it all with you in the next few weeks!

I am sharing a lot of fun "behind-the-scenes" photos on Instagram...I'd love it if you'd follow along!

You can read more about my Parade House adventures here and here.

xoxo
Wendy


5 comments:

Lisa and Joey @ Paintbrush and Screwdriver said...

It looks like you had a wonderful time! I'm looking forward to seeing those nightstands in place - they're beautiful.

Cynthia said...

It sounds great and looks like you had great fun. You also found some nice stuff!!

Cynthia

Ashley@AttemptsAtDomestication said...

We have a Tuesday Morning by our house! Now I want to go check it for mirrored nightstands!

Good Time Charlie said...

A big huge Tuesday Morning just opened right near me, I cannot wait to go check it out. How fun to be a part of the Parade of Homes! Can't wait to see what you come up with!

Jenny Lynn said...

I am looking forward to the Parade of Homes. Can't wait to see the finished house.