5.14.2013

Terrific Homes Tuesday ...an Update~

I mentioned in my Terrific Homes Tuesday post a couple of weeks ago, that I am helping some friends of mine design their new home


The home is getting closer to completion, so we are now in overdrive trying to get the rooms put together.  Although my friends have a healthy budget for furnishings, when you are trying to decorate an entire home, frugality is essential!

Luckily, my friend is super talented, and is making some of the furniture and d├ęcor!  This last week, she and her father worked on building beds for the couple's two boys.  They used a plan from another one of my lovely friends, Ana White, to create the adorable beds.

Kara (my friend who is building the house) was gracious enough to snap a few photos of the process for  me to share with you today!

Read more after the break...







The beds just need to be stained and they'll be ready for use in the boys' new room!

I'm so excited with how things are coming together and I look forward to sharing all the progress with you in the next few weeks.

The  most exciting part about this whole process is that my friends' home will be featured in the Utah Valley Parade of Homes!  So things will be coming together quickly in the  next little bit.  It's going to be a lot of work, but a lot of fun at the same time...so Stay Tuned!!

xoxo
Wendy

2 comments:

lynn cockrell said...

Your friends' home looks like it is going to be awesome and so do the beds!

Jamie said...

Yay! So excited to see how it turns out. I would love to learn more about how decorating for the parade of homes happens. I used to work at the Pier 1 in Orem and it was fun to work with people coming in to rent furniture and furnishings for the parade.