4.29.2013

Terrific Homes Tuesday: A Design Project~

You may recall a couple of weeks ago, that I announced my plan for a new series on the blog called Terrific Homes Tuesday.  Well, I got a wonderful response!  But I'm still in the middle of organizing the series, so for today, I thought I'd share the under-construction home that I am going to help decorate for some friends of mine.

I shared this photo of the home's exterior on Instagram a few days ago.  If you'd like sneak peeks of behind the scenes happenings at The Shabby Nest, follow me there.


I stopped by the house recently to help make a decision regarding wall texture, and I was able to snap a few photos of some of the fun features that this house will have.


Read more after the break...




The two-story great room has a beautiful coffered ceiling.  I LOVE it!

 
 
Here is another view of the great room from the upstairs catwalk.  Look at all those windows!!  (And that scaffolding is TALL - just to give you some idea of the size of this room!)
 
 



This is one of my favorite features in this house.  The homeowners and I spent the better part of an evening debating on the right placement for the fireplace, and we finally decided to put a double-sided fireplace in this wall that divides the foyer from the great room.  It's going to be such a great statement piece.  I can't wait to see how it turns out!





This room wont require any decorating, but I wanted to share it because it is going to be pretty cool...this is a rec room/basketball court.  It stretches from the basement up almost two stories.  It's pretty incredible. 

I'm really excited for the opportunity to work on this house...I hope you will all follow along as I share the progress.

If you are interested in design help, I offer in-person, as well as e-design consultations.  I'd love to help you with your design dilemmas!

xoxo
Wendy

2 comments:

2Momma2 said...

What a fun project! I love the ceiling!

Shailynn Krow said...

I absolutely love all of those windows in that one room! I'm jealous. We were supposed to have our house built, but the recession didn't help our plans. I'm hoping we'll get to build a dream house soon too.