3.13.2013

The Simplest of Lamp Updates~

The weather has turned warmer here. Spring is just about to make its appearance.   And with the warmer weather comes a desire to freshen up the house.  To make changes. 

Yesterday, my family went to Target to pick up a few items.  While I was there, I decided to check out some of the items from their new line of home goods called Threshold.  Have you seen these?  They're fabulous! 



I had been wanting to switch out the lampshades in my dining room for a while now. (Can you see them sitting on the white buffet?)  I like the shades that were in the room, but I was really ready for a change.   I just wasn't sure exactly how I wanted them to look...

until I saw these beauties. 

Read more after the jump...




They were the perfect color and I LOVED the graphic trellis pattern.  Not only that, but they were on SALE.  (It's a rare day when I can bring myself to pay full price for anything.)



So I snagged two of them.  They were such a simple way to update the lamps...but they really lightened and brightened the space! 


A perfect addition for spring!

xoxo
Wendy

7 comments:

My Garden Diaries said...

Yep! They are pretty perfect!!! What a score!

Suzan Sweatman said...

They're gorgeous - but so are those lamps - I want them!!!
XOX

melody-mae said...

I love the pattern on the shades. Well done!

marty (A Stroll Thru Life) said...

Oh I really do like this so much better. The pattern and color of the shade is perfect. Hugs, Marty

Kathy Moreland said...

They are beautiful! I liked the others too! Your room is so pretty.

Kathie said...

Hi Wendy, your blog is lovely. I have a question: What does "after the jump" mean?

I thought it meant something like "after this commercial ad or comment" but you seem to use it in a different manner, and so I'm curious...

thanks

Abbey Ofs said...

Those are so pretty! And love that table cloth :)