3.04.2013

Simple Window Treatment~

I love window treatments.  Not that a window can't look great without one.  But in my opinion, window treatments are a bit like jewelry.   Jewelry completes an outfit...window treatments complete a room.  And the loft bedroom would certainly not have been complete without the window treatment.



It was sooo easy to make...I'm going to tell you how I did it.

Read more after the break...




Bjornloka fabric from IKEA
I started with some IKEA Bjornloka fabric.  It was the perfect fabric for the window treatment - charcoal gray stripes!  To fit the width of the window, I simply cut off the stripes on either side of the fabric and hemmed the edges.  Then I sewed each of the stripes into a tube so that I could use them as ties on the finished curtains.



I rolled up the fabric and slipped it into the ties then hot glued the fabric to a strip of wood which I hung above the window.  And that was it!


Did you miss out on any of the other Loft Bedroom posts?  You can catch up on everything here...

Loft "Built-in" Bed Progress
Custom Fitting a Foam Mattress
What I "Wood" Do with a Pretty Pile of Wood (the custom wood art)
 Putting the Finishing Touches on the Loft Bedroom
Loft Bedroom Reveal 
An Ingenious Way to Hang Curtains
Not the Typical Way to Paint a Chalkboard Wall


Have a great day~

xoxo
Wendy

4 comments:

Jenny @ Simcoe Street said...

I love how this turned out! Pinned it :)

Jenny
www.simcoestreet.blogspot.com

Jenna LaFevor said...

LOVE this! It would be perfect for my husband's bathroom! Thanks for sharing! Pinned!

Jenna @ http://rainonatinroof.com

Jenny said...

I love this fabric! It looks perfect in this space - gorgeous!

Ashley@AttemptsAtDomestication said...

Haha that was simple! I love the fabric! It fits perfectly in this space!