2.06.2013

Anxiously Waiting for Spring~

I'm jumping right from Valentine's Day posts to spring.  This winter has been one of the coldest and snowiest in a long time here in Utah.  I love snow.  I do.  But a girl can only take so many snowy, foggy, smoggy days before it starts to wear on her. 



It was in the forties here last week, and I honestly thought it felt like spring.  I am soooo ready for spring.  I am anxiously waiting for warm breezes, longer daylight hours, and the fresh start that spring brings. 

More after the jump...






Do you switch out your decor with the seasons?

I'm not talking about new furniture and paint.  Although that can certainly be fun ;-)  I'm talking about accessories. 

A new pillow, maybe even some new bedding.  Lighter and brighter colors.

Last year, we were rearranging some of the rooms in our house, so I took the opportunity to lighten up our living room for spring.


I switched out our black and white area rug for a blue and white rug. 



I added some brighter pillows...



...and created a white mirrored console for our TV.  The room felt entirely fresh and new for just a small investment.



As I just proved in our kitchen update, small changes can make a huge impact.  So I'm challenging you, my dear readers, now that spring is just around the corner.  Take this opportunity to lighten and brighten your decor.  You don't have to spend a lot of money.  Actually, you don't have to spend any money.  You can shop your house.  Just find some accessories that shout "spring" and put them out.  See what kind of a change you can make!

And since the Groundhog predicts an early spring, maybe we wont have to wait so long for spring to arrive after all!

xoxo
Wendy

12 comments:

Luisa Chandler said...

Definitely welcoming spring with open arms on my end!!

Jane Craske said...

Desperate for spring here. We've had two weeks of -40 here with the windchill. Bleh. Even skating outside is less than fun. However, love the quickie redo and I'm going to change things up in the house tonight C:

Tasha Lee said...

LOVE the brightness of everything! I am definitely in need of spring time. If we can't get it outside yet, let's make it spring inside! :) Love it! Where did you get your rugs? I have the worst time finding cute, affordable rugs.

kristin maynes said...

YES! Waiting for Spring...it's foggy today and I'm not loving it! I'm ready for some sun and ready to beautify my front yard. Love the blue rug! I really want it for my front room!

My Garden Diaries said...

Oh I so can't wait! I think I actually will lighting a few things up with some slipcovers! It does something to the brain! Your spaces are gorgeous!

Okio B Designs said...

I am counting down to spring. That's how much I'm done with winter, snow, ice, etc. =)

Jeanine

twopurplecouches.com said...

I love the little changes that make a big difference! I am also getting anxious for Spring. Ohio winters aren't as intense as UT, but it's been very, very cold this year. I love that even a bright bouquet of flowers and make one corner of a room, or one table feel brighter :)

lynn cockrell said...

I love spring but I am still hoping for a little sprinkle of snow down here in the south(I can hope).

Robin said...

Oh how I hear you. We are having another one of those cold, foggy days again today. A little pop of sunshine would go a long way!

Debra said...

yay for spring....love your photos! :)

Cathy Trochelman said...

Great idea! Thanks for the photos - your little changes really did make a big difference!
Cathy@LemonTreeDwelling

Kami @ Sweet Charli... said...

I'm with you all the way Wendy!! Soooo ready for this yucky fog to be gone and for Spring to be here!