1.17.2013

What "wood" you do?~

Once upon a time there was a mommy/blogger/interior designer/daughter/sister/friend who had a lot of stuff going on all at the same time - I'm pretty sure you all understand exactly what I'm talking about.  Am I right?

Since she had so much going on, all of her creative projects were in various states of  not-quite-finished-ness (yes, that is a word).

So instead of blogging a fabulous project...she decided to show her readers a pile of wood.  Yep.  Wood.



But she promised her readers, that if they were patient for a few more days, they would find out what all that wood became.  And she promised them that it would be worth wait - even if she did say so herself.

While they were all waiting, she decided to play a little game with her readers called "What 'wood' you do?"  It's a simple game...she just thought it would be fun if her readers left a comment saying what they thought they "wood" do if they had a pile of wood like the one she showed them.  Keep in mind, the wood is smaller than it might look in the photo. 

So tell me my dear readers,  what "wood" you do? 

And I promise that next week, I'll show you what I did with that wood.  It's pretty cool....yeah, I'm humble like that. ;-)

10 comments:

Suzan Sweatman said...

Agghhh!
I have the same pile - can't wait to see what you do with yours!
What a strange lot of women we are, really!!!
None of my friends would get the excitement that comes out of seeing this lol
Hugs,
Suzan

Presvytera Eleni said...

Oooh Aaaaah. Now THAT IS a purty pile of wood you have there. Looking forward to the unveiling!

designedbybh said...

Here's what I "wood" do...I'd use it to revamp/decorate a tray--almost like wood flooring for it. And/or I might make some picture frames, or a jewelry holder (made like a picture frame)...oh, the possibilities are endless! I have a lot more ideas...can't wait to see what you do! :)

Debra said...

in a million years I couldn't guess, lol...

Melissa Whitcher said...

Well, I am wanting a sign for the kitchen. So I would nail it all together, kind of like subway tile, then paint/ stencil on the words I am wanting.

Wondering what you have up your sleeve.......? :0)

Chiwei @ One Dog Woof said...

Make a scrap wood lantern, like I did :-) Or, if they're all the same depth, make a parquet tabletop.

Sharon @ Lilikoi Joy said...

That looks like a herringbone picture frame (or plaque or coasters or even around one of those small cardboard boxes) ready to happen right there! I chuckled at what Suzan Sweatman said because it's so true! I love finding people who can look at a pile of wood like this and see so much potential. :)

Rachel O. said...

I'd use it for a pallet-like accent wall. Or to make a new desk top.

Lisa and Joey @ Paintbrush and Screwdriver said...

Picture frame? Bulleting/tack board?

Can't wait to see what you do with it!

On a side note, which program are you using to add the "Shabby Nest" banner to your photos? I'm really not happy with PicMonkey, and I'm looking for alternatives.

Thanks!!

Lisa

jknapp00 said...

If there was enough, I would make a headboard for my son's room.